Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, one word: Awesome!
its really damn graat....except the controls with the keyboard and mouse -.-

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm probably going to pick it up once it's in the bargain bin. I did like the original. How are the enemy battles now? Do they still teleport?
- Modem

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
I read the reviews for this on Peny Arcade.... and to say they are scathing would be an understatement. Well it's more they are laying into UBI for trying to butcher such a superb game.
Thier opinion can be summed up thus:
PoP:SoT was an unbelevably superb game in which the battles were merely to break up the puzzles. Last boss was not as some thougt: the Vizir, but the level. PoP:TWW Takes SoT and removed a lot of the puzzles (you know, the bit which made it good) and replaced them with battles (you know, the filler). Fortunately enough of the original's spirit remains to keep it a good game despite UBI's best efforts.
I have to say though, you really out to head over there and check out the review. It's an entertaining read.
As a result of this tho, I'm gonna leave TWW till it gets a little cheaper.

·
Prince of Persia
1,105 Posts
Kane Sama, you got to try the game... The platforming is better than before. I'll check back later when I hopefully am able to play the game(studing for tests)... But you should give it a try. Its worth it. Don't go for PA review. If you can ignore the theme change then you'll love for the gameplay.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
I played about half an hour of it yesterday at a buddy's house. Combat system is better, but it possibly has one of the jerkiest and most annoying cameras of any game ever. And it doesn't have as many puzzles as the last one (from what i saw), and whats a PoP game without puzzles?

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Thought you didnt like puzzles n1ghtwolf :p

Anyway didn knew it was out for the PC yet, gonna see if i can get this for xmas, really enjoyed the demo

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
How many CDs has the PC version hedgedog?

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
Thought you didnt like puzzles n1ghtwolf :p

Anyway didn knew it was out for the PC yet, gonna see if i can get this for xmas, really enjoyed the demo
Don't like puzzles? where'd you get that from :p. That's the whole reason i loved SoT, every room was like a giant puzzle. Some of the enemies in SoT were annoying though.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Well from your HL2 puzzle hate post :p

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
Well from your HL2 puzzle hate post :p
THats because HL2's puzzles aren't puzzles, they are just stacking crap to get somewhere, Pop has actual puzzles that feel like puzzles.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Should this even be considered a "true" Prince of Persia game? The lack of puzzles, lame generic rock bands, and the "cool" darker look are telling me this isnt.. I'll still try it out, though. *recently 'acquired' DVD version*

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Gabers said:
Should this even be considered a "true" Prince of Persia game? The lack of puzzles, lame generic rock bands, and the "cool" darker look are telling me this isnt.. I'll still try it out, though.
You might want to delete that last part, no warez talk here or you get banned

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
I have POP:WW and i played SOT which i thought was an excellent game. To tell you guys the truth, there's just something amiss with WW. I have no idea what it is, but it's the overall package. For example, that damned battle theme, although i prefer metal, i hardly think it's appropriate for the game. Okay, it gives it the "dark" theme, but wtf for, there are other ways to do it. Bits and pieces that when you add together really pisses you off about the game. Add to that the stupid ass bugs, that are ever present, (I.e. goddamn health bar just disappears FOREVER, yeah it never reappears until you start a goddamn new game, happened to me TWICE!) . I was about a third through the game until I couldn't take it anymore and I almost stabbed my disc with a knife :heh: I don't think I'll be finishing this game for awhile :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts