Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
A demo already? wow didnt think there would be one so soon. gonna try it out.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'll givei t a shot as well. Looks like a fun game. In fact, I'm currently going through the original right now. I read in PCGamer that they got rid of his "boy bandish" looks, and went for the "I'm really pissed, so buy my game" type of looks. :)
- Modem

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Damn, the servers are Bombarded by users:(

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
kickass !

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Wow, quicker than I thought!

Gonna grab it ASAP.

edit: the filefront mirrors aren't loaded at all.. I'm getting great speed.

edit2: Got it.. good fun, perfect improvement upon SoT. I don't really like the physics engine though.. it all feels too fake. Good game though. :)

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
Curse your modem! And here I am downloading at 25kb/s... :(

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Impressive screen shots.;)

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Thanks Ali. :)

Here's some more. I realised I had 8xFSAA/8xAniso on hence the bluriness of my last shots. Looks and runs alot better now. :) Keep in mind that I'm running this on my Ti4200 @ 300/600.. still haven't got my 9600XT back from ATi yet.

Runs great though regardless. :D

·
Irregular User
3,186 Posts
just finished it,very nice game more shader effects now, specially on the floor lighting, havent tried it on my 5900XT though, and its kinda slow on a FX5700LE...
and it seems that it doesnt need a card with hardware pixel and vertex shader capability now(as stated on the readme, it will work on GeForce 4MX and ATi radeon 7500 cards).

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
the camera and controls are complete ass, but an otherwise pretty fun game. The camera and control system is different from SoT, it seems like they're going for the '****ty console port' feel.

·
Prince of Persia
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you guys know how to turn on 8xFSAA/8xAniso??? I have a Geforce Fx 5700 Ultra. I'm running the game on full setting with no slow downs...

As for the camera I just felt it was bit slow too frantic as the game is bit faster paced than SOT. But its the same camera scheme as SOT...

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Nice screens and looks fun but i personally think the Bloom effect is the worst thing since Windows ME. I can't stand it. Is there an option to turn it off?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I think the controls felt ok, but yeah, I felt that the camera was alot more sketchy than sands of time. It just didn't seem to adjust smooth and fast enough. I also noticed no in-game option to turn on FSAA or Aniso... is the only way to do it by doing it through your gfx card general settings?

On another note... I found a serious bug! Lucky me! My friends always joke that I should be a beta tester cause I'm the master of being unlucky and having lots of crashes and unpassable bugs. During the final boss fight (the really big guy), I was cornered and between his legs... he tried to attack me and went THROUGH the wall and disappeared. He then reappeared a second later ALL the way across the screen in the opposite corner. It was just his character model though... he didn't move, and my character couldn't affect him in any way... I could even walk THROUGH him. His energy bar disappeared, but the boss battle music continued, so I couldn't beat the demo without re-starting.

·
Irregular User
3,186 Posts
i had that bug ,multiple times too, and i had to kill myself just to restart it again :)

what i did was, destroy the pedestal that holds the newely aquired sword, let the ******* run to you(and dodge it), then try to keep him in the middle of the room and attack his behind.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Yeah, I actually got that bug on my 2nd time through the demo (I was playing through again to show a friend of mine). The first time I beat him without any glitches. I hope this bug (and bugs like it) are confined to just the demo. I doubt it though. Ubi has had a bunch of awesome games the last few years, but they've had the reputation of being pretty bug-laden. I personally experienced bugs with Far Cry, both Splinter Cells, and Beyond Good & Evil. Most were minor and I really didn't care or mind them... but the one in BG&E was a really serious one that kept me from playing for awhile... plus enough simple and stupid bugs can hurt a game.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Bgnome said:
seems like the bittorrent links are the way to go on this one..
Bittorrent is working Damn good;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts