Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any word combo on here and Google that I can think of gives me what I don't want.

I figured being hardware, I'd post here.

I am looking for a way to prevent slowdown, as in have the CD/DVD-Rom run non-stop without "Slowing Down" due to non-use.

Any game I play VIA CD/DVD-ROM "Freezes" at random points for a few seconds (entering a new area, pausing/un-pausing, entering/exiting menu...). During this time the CD/DVD-ROM drive is revving up to get the speed needed to continue the game.

How do I change the settings so when I play my games, I can have the CD/DVD-Rom run non-stop and then set it back when done?

Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It was for ePSXe. Sorry, posting on this site made my mind think that those who replied would know what I was talking about... my bad. :)

I was getting those hiccups in Final Fantasy VIII, IX, Chrono Cross and FF IV (the one that was packaged with Chrono Trigger).

Making ISOs are no problem to me, but I tend to forget that it reads it off the HDD instead.

Thankfully, IsoBuster helped me make the .iso/.bin with ease.

Thanks runawayprisoner, I will be using that for my PC games.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.