Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
look at this way no, never until martin gives some news so no more stupid threads on when it will be out because we have no idea at all and we will never ever will... stil we will announce a new version once there is one so stop speculating, stop asking and just consider it dead

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Look at it this way, if there will be a new one, there will be a new one, if not then there won't. Any speculation is pointless, we can only hope and see what the future brings.

Unless a project has been announced dead, it's not dead, dormant perhaps, but not dead. Look at ePSXe, nothing for 5 years and then suddenly we got a new update.

I will keep this thread open for now, but as soon as the wild speculations start coming it will be locked.

Martin owes us nothing, no emu author does, so we have no right to expect anything from them, all we can do is hope and see what the future brings.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The posters that love chanting "he owes us nothing" seem to forget the little paragraph that stated that the donation was for a specific cause, that being the continued development. The program is a donation gift (that also circumvents having to pay tax for selling it, since you don't).

The important part here is the cause. If it was a donation for past efforts, or nothing specific at all, then yes, nobody who donated would have a right to complain. however, this isn't the case here.

Intentional or not, leaving donors in the dark for an indefinite period after they donate is very rude and might as well count as donation scamming. I appreciate the work so far, but this was a very bad move.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
You paid a premium so that you could get 2.6a before others, nothing more, nothing less. It's like paying a premium for a pre-release item, for instance to say get Pokemon Platinum 3 days early.
Just like 2.6 became free so will 2.6a whenever a new version is released.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Donation= / = Payment

Theres is NO right to complain about a donation.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My 2.6a says 5th february 2008..
In the home page of no$gba the last release is dated 23-01-2008. then.......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NO&GBA !

And Martin.... thanks for the great emulator.

·
Explorer of Worlds
60 Posts
maybe we should make a birthday present then.;)

But what, maybe clean this subforum from the posts that asking for a new version or when one comes?

but thats up to the mods here.:thumb:

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
You can't just continue something to which you don't have the source code....also coding an emulator is far more difficult than most other things.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Whats more is that you can piss off the author by decompiling the emu and do changes to it, especially without his permission.... Also dont you ever think emulators are easy to program, or should be considered for a programming project, well unless you got a year tinme to just complete a very buggy alpha

·
Registered
110 Posts
its kinda funny because i might im taking programing classes in colledge so that this project can continue
Cool, but if you do decide to get into the hobby of writing a DS emulator, you might have to either write one from scratch or contribute to/reverse-engineer one of the main other projects such as iDeaS, since NO$GBA is closed-source and no one has been able to contact Martin for about a year.

·
Explorer of Worlds
60 Posts
hm maybe Martin wants to give the other Emulators a chance to catch up?:cool:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Cool, but if you do decide to get into the hobby of writing a DS emulator, you might have to either write one from scratch or contribute to/reverse-engineer one of the main other projects such as iDeaS, since NO$GBA is closed-source and no one has been able to contact Martin for about a year.
Or better, help a open-source project like Desmume :p

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
gotta admit, desmune has gotten a fair bit behind ideas. not enough interested developers i guess.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
gotta admit, desmune has gotten a fair bit behind ideas. not enough interested developers i guess.
That's because you haven't tried 0.9, neither know what's already working on SVN :p

EDIT: I forgot to add that as of now, we get over 10 commits a day from quite a few developers :)
2nd EDIT: Found the damn repository activity graphs, for anyone interested. I think it looks quite good :p

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
it had fallen behind, 0.9 is AMAZING though, granted quite a bit simply does not start but most of that which does is close to perfect.

edit: bah, beaten by by a DeSmuME Developer :p

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.