Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Mhm.
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well. I have a psp that im gonna have to fix in the next few days, and it has a problem i never really heard of. The psp had a really low battery when it got started to update, and like halfway through the battery died (my friend let another friend use it. wasnt good idea lol.) anyway. so from what i am hearing (havnt gotten yet) is that it wont start up when turned on, stays black? any ideas as too how to fix this? can go and update the firmware since it cant be hooked up to usb and all that. maybe a pandora battery?

· No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Pandora battery will only work on the PSP-1000 and some PSP-2000s, but it's the only way to unbrick that PSP without sending it in to Sony.

7,022 Posts
It's entirely feasible.

Just use a working PSP with a CFW installed to create the Pandora battery and Jigkick memory stick.

· Mhm.
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, Can i ask a favor on how to do both of those (battery and jigkick?)
I was gonna look online later anyway but if its right here be simple :)

Never really had to make the battery before. I always had one handy, not anymore when i need it of course :drool:

7,022 Posts
I don't remember the exact process. I remember you need a CFW enabled PSP to run a homebrew that makes the battery into a Pandora battery. This battery can be converted back to a regular battery after the bricked PSP has been restored.

The Jigkick requires running a program on your PC to specially format the memory stick and then you just copy some files on to the stick.

Place the Pandora battery and Jigkick into the bricked PSP and turn it on. Follow the onscreen prompts and you're done.

As I've said though, I don't remember the exact process, so just be sure to read the included readme file.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.