Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core EU

PPSSPP v0.76-607
Windows 7 64 Bit
i5-2500k, 560ti

4x Resolution
5x Texture Filtering/Bicubic
Simple 2xSSAA

PLAYABLE

No music, menu background rendering issues and the videos aren't playing. Subtitles still work during video playback, and you have to wait until ingame before you can see anything. Voices and sound effects come through fine.

Shadows don't render correctly, and on occasion, the same rendering issue with God of War with all the other rendering resolutions showing on screen at once occurs, but aside from that the game is very playable. In game menus work fine and there's nothing to really hinder gameplay.

·
Registered
703 Posts
and ingame there are problems with the lighting engine.
You can somewhat fix that by disabling buffered rendering since that will remove all the glow in both Wipeout games.

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core EU

PPSSPP v0.76-607
Windows 7 64 Bit
i5-2500k, 560ti

4x Resolution
5x Texture Filtering/Bicubic
Simple 2xSSAA

PLAYABLE

No music, menu background rendering issues and the videos aren't playing. Subtitles still work during video playback, and you have to wait until ingame before you can see anything. Voices and sound effects come through fine.

Shadows don't render correctly, and on occasion, the same rendering issue with God of War with all the other rendering resolutions showing on screen at once occurs, but aside from that the game is very playable. In game menus work fine and there's nothing to really hinder gameplay.
Music and BGM works fine in oioitff's builds

basically any game that has a grey title menu screen is going to be requiring OpenMG 4.x and oioitff's builds+filter
they will probably be merged into master sooner or later.

i don't see any issues with shadows either.

·
Registered
703 Posts
they will probably be merged into master sooner or later.
Pretty much, in the changelog i've seen some atrac fixes and such in the recent master revisions and my guess is that they are waiting for 0.8.0 to enable those fixes. (i haven't done much testing to see any difference in music from the last stable build 0.7.6 and the recent git builds, so i could be wrong).

Anyway is this "OpenMG" thing any better than "Sonic Stage" or the "at3tool.exe" decoder? and having both "OpenMG" and "Sonic Stage" installed won't conflict with each other right?

Edit:

Apparently having both "OpenMG" and "Sonic Stage" installed will cause conflict.

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/997

You can use SonicStage,too. But you have to watch out for the right version. If it's too new the OpenMG will end up being uptodate, too. You don't want this. You need OpenMG4.7 and older. Just remove any SonicStage Software and OpenMG from your Computer and install this. http://www.mediafire.com/?pn54rw6m9n1nhmr That will do the job

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Not a conflict, more installing the wrong version, for some reason the unofficial ultimate release comes bundled with OMG 5.0, i have repackaged it with 4.7

I'm keeping sonic stage installed anyway, as it might come to pass that something does require part of it that omg does not provide.

at3tool doesn't seem to do anything for any of the games i have

·
Registered
703 Posts
Not a conflict, more installing the wrong version, for some reason the unofficial ultimate release comes bundled with OMG 5.0, i have repackaged it with 4.7

I'm keeping sonic stage installed anyway, as it might come to pass that something does require part of it that omg does not provide.
I was about to uninstall "Sonic Stage" but i guess i will keep it installed then, just in case...

at3tool doesn't seem to do anything for any of the games i have
That's weird, "at3tool.exe" works just fine here with oioitff's builds from https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/997

Have you tried the "at3tool" with "Mega Man Maverick Hunter X"? with the "at3tool" you can hear them speaking and as far as i know the voices wasn't working with just "Sonic Stage" installed. But "at3tool" did the trick.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any of you guys tried to play any yu-gi-oh games on this psp emulator or any other? Just about to try so any advice behorehand would be handy.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
None work yet.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts