Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This tutorial was writen by "givani30" in https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/997

You will need a special PPSSPP build from the link above and a file called at3tool.exe (This file is extracted from the PSP game: Fate/Extra CCC). Since those builds are unofficial it might have some bugs.

You will need:

*Jpcsp http://jpcsp.org/
*Fate/Extra CCC Iso
*QuickBMS http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm
*the CPK script for QuickBMS http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/bms/cpk.bms (right-click and then save as)

-

1. Enable Extract original PGD files to the TMP folder and unpack PBP when loading (one of these gives you the PGD file but i'm not sure which one)

2. Boot up Fate/Extra CCC

3. After a while you should see the title screen, close Jcpsp now

4. Go to the tmp folder of jcpsp, in here you should see a folder called NPJH50505

5. In here there should be a PGD folder and in that one another one.

6. Now you should see a file called PGDfile.raw.decrypted, rename that to PGDfile.raw.decrypted.cpk

7. Open QuickBMS, select the cpk.bms script and after that the PGDfile.raw.decrypted.cpk

8. Click save and it should start extracting

9. When it's done goto Sound\Bgm\Decode and there you will find at3tool.exe and msvcr71.dll

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Could you further elaborate how this works ? And what it does exactly, i mean is it just for Fate/Extra CCC, or more games ?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The developers of Fate/Extra CCC forgot to remove that decoder inside the iso, it decodes at3 audio just like SonicStage does for jpcsp. So to answer your question, it decodes at3 audio in all the games.

Some games might not have audio tho, this special build of PPSSPP is still in development but it already decodes at3 audio for a lot of games.

And this PPSSPP also support ffmpeg to play some videos.

This is the latest version of that PPSSPP build: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ftGc2t9-dZVUZsUUZIYmFtRTQ/edit

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
I see thank you for the info Zabura ^^, is there a list for games using at3 audio somewhere i can find btw ?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why do you always call me Zabura man, it's Zabuza, with 2 "Z" =p

The majority of the PSP games have at3 and at3+ audio so there's really no need to make a list of them.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
I see thanks, and sorry for the misspelling, i dunno why the habbit it just sounded more naturally and i must've skipped the second "Z" :p.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yeah this works almost flawlessly. They should really merge it into main branch already so I can test both audio and compatibility at once, because right now the builds are always behind.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They should really merge it into main branch already
Yep, it's being merged bit by bit.

By 0.8.0 PPSSPP will have media support and probably will support this at3tool.exe decoder too. And if we are lucky Maxim will finally release his reverse engineered at3+ decoder (according to Henrik the decoder is already finished, but Maxim is not releasing it...)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yep, it's being merged bit by bit.

By 0.8.0 PPSSPP will have media support and probably will support this at3tool.exe decoder too. And if we are lucky Maxim will finally release his reverse engineered at3+ decoder (according to Henrik the decoder is already finished, but Maxim is not releasing it...)
Didn't know about that. Good to hear it's coming.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe I'm just an idiot and I'm missing something but I followed that tutorial to the T but when extracting I get an error saying "Incomplete input file number 0, can't read 135996 bytes."
I go to where it saved and I don't have the at3tool.exe.
Also I don't have any sound\bgm\decode folders.
If anyone has any ideas on how to help or needs more specific information, please let me know..

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
3. After a while you should see the title screen, close Jcpsp now
This part takes some time, you are waiting for the title screen to appear before closing jpcsp right? (wait 30 more seconds after the tittle screen just in case).

Other than that i don't know why the extracting is failing for you, that tutorial is pretty straight forward and i was able to extract the file on my first try without a hassle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
when I try to run the game, after a while (I'd say 30 seconds seems about right) I get this:

After clicking "OK" nothing happens and the screen remains blank..

EDIT: Upon waiting longer (maybe another few minutes) I got the prompt again, clicked OK, then the Press Start menu came up.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After clicking "OK" nothing happens and the screen remains blank..
Leave it like that until the game finally get into the title screen.

EDIT: Upon waiting longer (maybe another few minutes) I got the prompt again, clicked OK, then the Press Start menu came up.
If that's the title screen then you passed part 3 of the tutorial. 6 more to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok. I finished the tutorial posted and I have the specified PPSSPP build. I put the file in the At3tool folder. What do I do next? Running the program opens a command screen for a split second before disappearing.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I've done everything, installed SonicStage, got the at3tool.exe and put it in the proper folder and it still refuses to work for me.. I'll just wait until PPSSPP ver.0.8. Thanks for the help however.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.