Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heh, i registered just to ask this... According to the help docs, the PAL version of the FF games needs a ppf to run. now, i have seen all the references to the ngemu ppf section, and i have tried there, or i wouldnt be here to annoy all of you. i've seen it mentioned in other threads already, and seen for myself that the ngemu ppf section isnt working, just directing me to the news page. does anyone know where else i can get those PPFs while that section is down? this whole emulator business was really annoying me until i found out that it wasnt my fault that i couldnt get these games to work.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I cant help you...

..but i'm posting anyway to underline the ppf section problem. Btw the downloads dont "direct" you to the main page. At least not in the page's source. The redirection to the main page seems to be a fail-safe mechanism. Still it would be real nice if someone could finally fix the whole mess. ^^

EDIT: Before some genius suggests this, i've tried the downloads in IE, Netscape and Opera. So it doesnt seem to be a browser related problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm pretty sure i've tried that. i dont think my drive reads subchannels....
It's a Samsung CD-R/RW SW-252B, if that means anything to anyone
Im using my NZ PAL CDs

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
Well...unless I am proven wrong, I am sure that modern CD-ROM/CD-RW/DVD-ROM/DVD-RW drives are capable of sub-channel reading.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
actually, it's kind of the other way around, few drives dont support it. unless your drive is pretty old, there is a great chance that subchannel reading is supported.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts