Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source: INSIDE SOURCE: PSP2, PS3 $100 Price Drop Confirmed | One Last Continue

The PSP2 aside (which is currently a mess of a DS + PSP + iPhone speculation...), I'm pretty impressed at the potential $100 price drop on the PS3. oO

Known all along they could easily do it, but never expected it to be so soon...

But chances are, they'll just drop it by a good $50 and wait until next year to drop the other $50. What's your take? $299.99 PS3 attractive to you? :)

Note that it's still pretty much under the rumors category at this stage until E3... so... please don't kill me if it's not true. :p

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
But chances are, they'll just drop it by a good $50 and wait until next year to drop the other $50. What's your take? $299.99 PS3 attractive to you?
Nope, I won't touch it till it's below the 79.99 line. Just you wait, it will eventually get there.

/me sits down and starts fiddling with his fingers.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Nope, I won't touch it till it's below the 79.99 line. Just you wait, it will eventually get there.

That's what I paid for my Nintendo 64 in ~ 2000 at Wal Mart, a nice black N64 with Star Wars Episode 1 Racing! :evil: :innocent:

I'm still fond of that system and game even if I haven't played them for a long time... :wub:

·
Registered
8,294 Posts

...not even PS2 is there yet. You're gonna get tendonitis and grow on your chair before it happens.:p

...Or you stop fiddling your fingers and go steal the damn thing and leave 79,99 as a payment!:lol:

But to me this doesn't really matter as I already have the PS3...:p

That illustration of PSP2 looks ugly... I hope they'd keep dropping the original PSP prices now, I might buy it then!:D

·
Banned
2,817 Posts

I agree. PS3 and it's games stills way overpriced. It isn't worth all that cash. In my country a PS3 costs around 800$ dollars, and a single game costs around 140$ dollars. Stupid prices, isn't ?

Even if someone presented me with one, I would sell it and buy some serious PC hardware with teh money :evil:

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
I agree. PS3 and it's games stills way overpriced. It isn't worth all that cash. In my country a PS3 costs around 800$ dollars, and a single game costs around 140$ dollars. Stupid, isn't ?
*points with finger and laughs*

:lol:

I pity you...

In here the console costs about 360 euros(about 460$) and new games around 50-70 euros(60-85$)... In here you could get the special 500gb console with that 800$!:lol:

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Now you know why people from south america doesn't give a **** about a PS3 :D

Of course, you can find it at lower prices in the black market, but there's no warranty, etc. Not worth my penny. And teh games are too expensive. You can buy an average PC video card with a single PS3 game. What a joke.

Just to get an idea. I paid 200$ dollars for my 9600GT. You can almost buy a 9600GT with a SINGLE PS3 game around here. oO

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I agree. PS3 and it's games stills way overpriced. It isn't worth all that cash. In my country a PS3 costs around 800$ dollars, and a single game costs around 140$ dollars. Stupid prices, isn't ?
Hard to say. I'm not familiar with your economy or what things comparatively cost over there.

Here, however, the PS3 is $400-$500, and a 360 is between $200 - $300. $400 for what you get with the PS3 is completely worth it. A 360 is cheaper at first, but will nickel and dime you for a dozen additional costs that are already included with the ps3.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
the online thing again? ....other than that, I didn't have much additional costs for the 360. A vga cable (and a streetfighter pad, but that's quite the optional thing).

either way, I have a 360, but I'd like to see the PS3 be a bit cheaper and doing a little better. It's definately showing potential lately and it might beat the 360 in the long run.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
the online thing again?
The online thing is big. Add up the costs per month.
There's also the wifi thing. The rechargeable contollers thing. The expandable hard drive thing. The BluRay thing. The 3rd party OS thing. The keyboard and mouse support thing. The reliability thing. The bluetooth thing. The free customization thing. The remote play thing.

There's many very good reasons the PS3 costs more than the 360. TBH, I think it's cheap for what you get.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
PS3 giving more for more money: probably. The additional costs for the 360 aren't that high, at least, not for me (but I'm not everyone).
I got the 60GB 360. 250 euros. Also, one year live gold (60 euros), which makes 310 euros.
The ps3 is 400 euros. Ok, so, if I keep live gold for another 2 years I'll have surpassed the ps3's price.
I use normal batteries which I buy pretty cheap. Let's say they last a month (they lasted longer for me) and I buy packs with 3x2 penlites for 5 euros (which would be ridiculously expensive). That'd be 20 euros a year.
Considering the PS3 is a bluray player, I guess in the end they're competitively priced, but it depends on what one's interested in.

My 360's just hooked into the modem by the way... I don't need the wifi adapter. I agree though that that thing is horribly overpriced (as are the harddisks; I mean, I got a Terabyte USB disk for my pc recently for 100 euros)

*sidenote, while in reality the dollar is worth less than a euro, in the console world it's 1/1.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Give it a year or so, will ya? :p

They just announced that they would expand it to Latin America countries like... in February of this year. It's only been a month since then.

I doubt you had such a thing as warranty for any PlayStation product in that country prior to that. Most likely, it's repairs made by local shops, or they have to send it over elsewhere. I know that's the case because it also holds true for most Asian Pacific countries where Sony hasn't reached.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I would also say there are games on the 360 that aren't on the PS3, while that's becoming more rarer *sic*, the cheapest system isn't always the most popular one nor is the most expensive.

As for live, $50 a year isn't bad in my book, but there are people who don't want live either. Charline and I have an XBOX and we've never used Live on it, nor have we had an interest in using it on Live.

I want a 360 for the games, many of which are considered "mediocre" but they're games I will enjoy. The PS3 hasn't put out games I want and I'm happier with a PS2 at the moment.

But to each their own, if you prefer the 360 cool, if you prefer the PS3, ditto, and the same with the Wii.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wait, just a clarification, you can play online for free on the 360. It's called XBox Live Silver. You just can't group up with your friends and do all those kinda funky stuffs... like... talking to your friends in the same group and joining the same games and so on.

So if you haven't tried it, maybe you can now, Paratech. :p

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I would also say there are games on the 360 that aren't on the PS3
And vice versa.

I want a 360 for the games, many of which are considered "mediocre" but they're games I will enjoy. The PS3 hasn't put out games I want and I'm happier with a PS2 at the moment.
I found that most of the good 360 games were also available on PC or PS3. 360 doesn't have many exclusives that are interesting to me.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
And vice versa.

I found that most of the good 360 games were also available on PC or PS3. 360 doesn't have many exclusives that are interesting to me.
Yeah, to each their own as I said, some people like one system versus another, for me it's the 360 and the Wii.

Even though there are some PC versions of 360 games, some aren't as good as the 360 versions, and some have nasty DRM on the PC. It reminds me of why I wanted a Nintendo 64, some of it's better games that were supported on the PC were video card specific back in the day!

But that's cool you prefer a PS3, I just prefer a 360.

:wub: :innocent:

And I like my Wii! :thumb:

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Even though there are some PC versions of 360 games, some aren't as good as the 360 versions
They're usually as-good or better. The least that can be expected is that you pick up a 360 gamepad for your PC and it plays exactly the same. However, PC versions are usually graphically superior and often include interface tweaks or added content.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.