Next Generation Emulation banner

6381 - 6400 of 6422 Posts

·
Administrator
15,444 Posts
Wont an OLED panel get burn-in due to static images in a game?
logo luminance adjustment to high will dim the areas where huds and logos are, I also turn off all hud elements in games. Turning off tv it will do a daily pixel refresh and shift the pixels slightly. Turn down oled brightness down to 50 or below, I don't use it to play games all day so I also play netflix or youtube videos. As long as you have varied content on the screen burn in won't be a real problem.

plenty of others ways to prevent burn in on 2019 models like using the screensaver option that all consoles since last gen has and set it to 5 minutes or you know turn off the tv when you leave the room. Do you remember plasma? literally you are doing the same shit to oled to prevent burn in.

In my research the color red is bad for oleds and you should avoid anything that has the color red like a logo also lg oleds also has a no signal wallpaper that you can change and it has different colors that will also refresh the pixels. Built in apps will also have its own screensaver when an app is idle for 30 seconds or so.

basically I am not worried about burn in I also have the tv wall mounted facing away from any sunlight

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
I've never lasted that long with samsung phones but it sucks expensive phones for their time like the Galaxy S8 and S9 suffering from burn in.
Other makers suffer from that too.

Isn't the usual phone contract for 2 years?

They are really making things disposable.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
The cooler is indeed an absolute beast, but that's partly why it works so well. Hopefully you don't encounter any issue from being so tight/so close to the GPU.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,064 Posts
The cooler is indeed an absolute beast, but that's partly why it works so well. Hopefully you don't encounter any issue from being so tight/so close to the GPU.
I did and that is the reason why I was forced to use that direction taking the air up instead from the back as I would like. Basically the cooler is so close to the gpu that I fear it could damage it as it makes contact. Ram is another small issue too and my case is way too small.

It was the first time my wife had to help me. I had to take out the Mainboard, coolers and PSU in order to mount it and was hell to get everything back. Sadly there isn't much to do now since my TV backlight decided to die today.

·
Administrator
15,444 Posts
I use the nh-u12a which is just 2-3 C higher temps than the d15 since I wanted my gpu in the first 16x pci-e slot and it to clear my ram. The NF-A12x25 fans it comes with are very good too

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,064 Posts
I use the nh-u12a which is just 2-3 C higher temps than the d15 since I wanted my gpu in the first 16x pci-e slot and it to clear my ram. The NF-A12x25 fans it comes with are very good too
That was the one I wanted to get first but my other cooler performs pretty close to that one and I wanted more.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
I think I got lucky with the motherboard (msi x370 gaming pro) as I didn't have to worry about the space taken by the cooler (regarding gpu and ram, the ram is close but enough space to be safe).

For the case, I do have a giant fucking case. I wanted to go big because my previous case had a very hard time fitting the new GPUs in it. They'd be getting longer and I couldn't fit all of them, so while upgrading I went with the Phantek Enthoo Pro. Bigger cases don't always look good, but the case itself has been working well.

I remember making a "meme" about the case change at the time and posting it in this thread, the picture shows the front part of the old case leaning on both the old case (left pic) and the new case (right pic) for size comparison:
I did install the cooler to take air from the right and blow it toward the left, I don't know if I would have had enough space going down->up instead.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,064 Posts
I personally like smaller cases but in general it doesn't matter much since my hardware is in a different room and I don't see or hear the hardware heheheehe. I may look for a better case but it seems like I either buy another mobo or get a extension for the GPU and a case that support it.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
I personally like smaller cases but in general it doesn't matter much since my hardware is in a different room and I don't see or hear the hardware heheheehe. I may look for a better case but it seems like I either buy another mobo or get a extension for the GPU and a case that support it.
Is it possible to fit it better if you only use the fan in the middle, instead of both fans? It can save you a bit of space, I know people sometime skip the outside fan to open space near the ram.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,064 Posts
Is it possible to fit it better if you only use the fan in the middle, instead of both fans? It can save you a bit of space, I know people sometime skip the outside fan to open space near the ram.
That is one of the things I have been thinking since is really bad the way it looks in my case but don't know how is going to affect the temps. If I install it the other way around to blow air from the back I can't install the second fan anyway since there is a heat sink from the mainboard and the cooler can be mounted but can't close my case then.

As for the case... I have checked many cases such as the Thermaltake View 71 which I kinda like but is a little big for my taste. The one I really find useful and probably the one I will get down the road is the Thermaltake Core V21. That is one flexible and really useful case in a "smaller" form factor and seems to be excelent for real and non-fancy pc builds just as I like.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
That is one of the things I have been thinking since is really bad the way it looks in my case but don't know how is going to affect the temps. If I install it the other way around to blow air from the back I can't install the second fan anyway since there is a heat sink from the mainboard and the cooler can be mounted but can't close my case then.
You can use it with only one fan, the second (exterior) fan is optional. It does work better with two fans, but the middle fan is the required one. Performance will also depend on the air flow around the cooler, but that didn't seem to be too much of an issue for you anymore once you fixed it.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,064 Posts
You can use it with only one fan, the second (exterior) fan is optional. It does work better with two fans, but the middle fan is the required one. Performance will also depend on the air flow around the cooler, but that didn't seem to be too much of an issue for you anymore once you fixed it.
Yeah, I will get the case later on and will change things a little because the way it is now "it works" but I don't like it.

6381 - 6400 of 6422 Posts