·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
So you were never proud of your Pentium 4? :p

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Was going to put athlon x64 too. xd

But you missed out on the c2d era. I remember the anandtech article: The Empire Strikes back and it did.
Great chips.

I remember pitting my low c2d against a highly clocked amd chip and even a p4 on super pi. Just a simple test that left a lot of coworkers dumbfounded.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
I never had a P4 either, After P3 an Athlon XP and then a C2D.

I just never took photos of any of my old stuff, cuz why? :p
but you do take pictures of some of your new stuff.... which eventually becomes old stuff.
You just never kept the pictures? ;)

-

I haven't even posted pictures of 2005/2006 yet, which are probably the most "adventurous" in terms of (retro) gaming hardware and software. I was collecting a lot at the time...
There were several MSX computers, the C64C, A bunch of plug&play tv joysticks, a famiclone, a megadrive, a pc, a laptop, a ps2, a dc, a (modded) nds, 2 tvs, 1 monitor and some more obscure hardware... not to mention an ever growing games collection...
I ditched a lot of it in 2007 because I went to live on my own in 2008 and didn't want to have all that junk around. I still kept a lot of stuff, though... and it's not like I didn't buy anything new afterwards.
Nowadays many of the (older) cd's and dvd's are starting to bug me as they sit around and many of them haven't been used in a long time...

...incidentally I bought ACA NeoGeo Aero Fighters 2 (Sonic Wings 2) on the XB1 the other day, which makes my original NeoGeo CD version very useless (I got that because you could emulate it).
I also don't care that much about the physical copy I have of Ikaruga on Dreamcast, as the game is everywhere nowadays... I kept it around so far, though.

On the other hand, I have collected a bunch of Gradius games over the years and I'd rather not part with those, they are important to me.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts