Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
BOB's processor is only 700 MHz
You can't expect that it can go higher than 2150

3DMark2001 IS a piece of sensitive bench prog.

unlike 3DMark2000 who can except anykind of hardware combination. The bottom line is, if you think your hardware is good for you - well its not too good for it (3dMark2001).
i said, forget 3dmark2001 (if you're only using it for fun), it was created for GeForce3, Gigahertz processors, serious benchmarkers, and did you read the readme? It says:

Recommended System Specifications:
Intel® compatible 1 GHz processor
it's optimized for 1GHz+ processors...

:: just my thoughts, don't be mad at me :D ::

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ever try running a Voodoo series card on that benchmark? Totally killer... The Voodoo series cards that are AGP cannot allocate any of your system memory for textures or whatnot. They are simply PCI cards put on the AGP bus...

I ran this benchmark with my Voodoo 3500, and then with my intel i740 chipset, and let me tell you... the i740 totally kicked the voodoo's arse up, down, and all around.. But have you ever tried to play any games with a i740 chipset card? They totally SUCK!

So the point being, if you do not have a true AGP card, that can use the system memory bus, your benchmark scores are going to be low...

So, AGP, PIII (or better), DX8 compatable videocard (only one out there is the Geforce 3) = Good

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Woop! Woop!

My 2x 256MB PC133 DIMM's have just been delivered.

I'll do a new benchmark with the new memory in a bit.
Dan, my previous card was a Voodoo 3 2000 AGP, i never ran any benchmark progs on it... maybe i should dig it out, stick it in the pc and run a few benchmark progs for a laugh. :)

":: just my thoughts, don't be mad at me ::" I'm not mad 404, i'm a very lighthearted person. So it takes a lot for me to get angry at someone.

But be warned, if i ever get a page 404 error again on a website i shall keel j00! :D (j/k)

CDBuRnOuT, remind me of your system spec pls m8.

BOB

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bob, have you tried to bump up for FSB? The PIII are really overcockable, and you have pc133 memory... I would try to push it to atleat 110, and if you feel lucky, 120. I had a celeron 600 that pushed up from 66 FSB to 90 without any errors...

What brand mobo do you have?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah, i've tried oc'ing before... it seems stable at 112MHz when i tried it with my PC100 mem.
It wouldn't work at 133MHz FSB and i had to reset the bios settings.

Thing is my computer tends to be up 24/7, so i really don't wanna fry my processor.

My motherboard is the Soltek SL65JVB-X and its rock solid stable.

I may consider putting the FSB at 110 or 112 now that my mem is PC133.

BOB

·
Registered
230 Posts
My computer is up 24/7 also, and no problems running at 167fsb... But my processor is an EB, so the default FSB is 133...

Anyways, if your concerned, add a case fan and a (better?) cpu fan... The fan that came with my boxed PIII can keep this baby cool better than an orb cooler..

·
Registered
230 Posts
The card that they reviewed on sharkeyextreme is not very good. Here is my score with my Leadtek GF2MX in windows 2000

21 - 29 of 29 Posts