Next Generation Emulation banner

641 - 660 of 668 Posts

·
Classic Games Lover
5,274 Posts
Will do but that sounds like a bug I guess. I noticed today that the game is available on Steam so I will purchase the Steam version later as well.
Says a poor person who was going to pass on the game till next month :rolleyes:

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #643 (Edited)
I made some changes again in my efforts to improve the thermals and so far I have hit 5Ghz stable and tested few games such as the new Star Wars one. So far I don't hit the 70 mark and stay mostly in the mid 60c and many times even in the 50s.

Here the video of my test:

UPDATE:

@Thanakil my case seems to definitely be the reason for the high temps. I have made some more modifications in order to improve the temps and increased the rpm profile of the fans in order to take the heat out of the case faster when necessary. I ordered 2 fans that performs much better than the old ones I have right now so I wonder how much further I can improve the thermals.

Here another video with the changes and as you can see the system stays mostly in the 50s and around 10c less than my last video.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #644
After improving my temps, fixing the Scale Threshold and applying Reshade I just decided to beat this game once again. Until today the X1X was the best way to play the game without tearing and great performance but watching one of my favorite games of all time at 4K, 60fps and Reshade to make it look just as good as I want I can't help but enjoy the game one more time!

Here the first mission and boss in its full glory followed by the first real boss fight against Wyzen.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
A quick test I did for my own curiosity, but also because I wanted to you show (Ruantec) some of the differences:
I did 4 very quick streams at a very low bitrate (3000) with different encoding. This puts a lot of pressure on the encoding to make the video look as good as possible.
The game is Red Dead Online running at 1080p (wanted to avoid choking the encoding). Every stream has those settings: 1080p, 60fps, bitrate 3000.
I alternate between different mouse speeds to show the work being done by the encoding. Poorer encoding do a worse job when the mouse is moving, better encoding does a better job while the mouse is moving.
I probably should have waited until it stopped raining for the last two tests, rain can be tough on encoding.

Now the tests:
Nvenc (New) Encoding Max Performance (lowest perf hit): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/513615199
Nvenc (New) Encoding Max Quality (low perf hit): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/513616142
CPU Encoding Superfast (low perfhit): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/513617705
CPU Encoding Medium (high performance hit): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/513617705

·
Registered
6,935 Posts

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
I have heard of Mixer but never use it... is that platform any good?
It's Microsoft's attempt at competing with livestreaming sites like Twitch and Youtube Live. Unfortunately, they launched that website REALLY late compared to others, and it has a hard time attracting people since there isn't much of a community on it.

I've been using it because they have fewer limitations for free/new users. A website like Twitch limits your bitrate to 6000 until you prove you aren't just fucking around. Once you have people watching you, once you join their program, they'll give you more freedom (from what I understand, at least). Mixer just doesn't limit your bitrate and lets you go crazy. That's why I've been testing 13, 15,17, and even did a test at 20 000 bitrate (a lot of dropped frames, 18 000 had 4% dropped frames, 17 seems sustainable outside of peak hours).

So, the quality is good for a new free user since you can push your hardware and your internet connection to the limit, but it can be difficult to build a community since the website is still struggling to reach people. Most people have already joined other websites in the past.

This is another test with Doom instead: https://mixer.com/Thanakip?vod=238749992

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
I own the X1 version but bought the PC version recently(Steam) to give it another try.

Have you tried playing the game at 4K on the lowest settings, to see if you can hit 60fps? I think you might just be able to do it with a 1080 ti.
Otherwise, I've been playing it at [email protected] since that's easier for me to reach. It allows a good mix of high settings.

If your version of the game came with "RDO gold bars" you might be able to use them to unlock new storylines in the multiplayer mode. They recently added making your own illegal booze.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #655
Have you tried playing the game at 4K on the lowest settings, to see if you can hit 60fps? I think you might just be able to do it with a 1080 ti.
Otherwise, I've been playing it at [email protected] since that's easier for me to reach. It allows a good mix of high settings.

If your version of the game came with "RDO gold bars" you might be able to use them to unlock new storylines in the multiplayer mode. They recently added making your own illegal booze.
That was my first run and I didn't changed anything but today I will give another try and do what you suggest ;)

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
That was my first run and I didn't changed anything but today I will give another try and do what you suggest ;)
The game also allows you to choose 4K as your resolution, but to render the game at a lower resolution to improve performance. To do this you must use the "resolution scale" setting. It can give you more choices to play with the resolution.
That said, I personally dislike the way the game looks when doing this. I don't really know why, it might just be in my head, but I find the picture to look "softer" than using 1440p as my resolution without using the resolution scale.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #657
The game also allows you to choose 4K as your resolution, but to render the game at a lower resolution to improve performance. To do this you must use the "resolution scale" setting. It can give you more choices to play with the resolution.
That said, I personally dislike the way the game looks when doing this. I don't really know why, it might just be in my head, but I find the picture to look "softer" than using 1440p as my resolution without using the resolution scale.
I will upload a video later but am able to run the game at 1600p at solid 60fps. Obviously I had to do some changes here and there but yeah it works great.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
I will upload a video later but am able to run the game at 1600p at solid 60fps. Obviously I had to do some changes here and there but yeah it works great.
I hadn't tried 1600p since my monitor goes straight from 1440p to 2160p, but it's a good idea! I used the nvidia tool to add 1620p as an option, and I agree it's a good compromise.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #659
Forget Code Vein the weeaboo Souls clone or all the cheap Souls clones out there because this game is in my opinion the evolution of the Souls-like games. The game is indeed not a AAA game and the moment you fire it up its clear as water. However, this game have one of the most satisfying gunplay I have seen in a while and the Souls-like mechanics are nothing but fantastic!

For all those interested the game is now part of the Steam winter sales and I even got 5 bucks discount so the game just cost me around 23 euros. I recommend anyone who want to play a serious game with proper gameplay that requires some skills to grab this game ASAP!. I really hope MS or even Sony get the studio and put some cash in it because this game with a bigger budget could be something special.

I LOVE IT! here my first boss fight!

641 - 660 of 668 Posts