Next Generation Emulation banner

621 - 640 of 668 Posts

·
Classic Games Lover
5,274 Posts
You can also parry him, so yeah, he's easy.

You didn't do the dlc though. And missed one boss :D

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #622 (Edited)
You can also parry him, so yeah, he's easy.

You didn't do the dlc though. And missed one boss :D
Yeah the final boss was very easy but at least I have beat the core game. What's the boss am missing?

There is only one DLC, Artorias of the Abyss right? I have been checking some info and there is one boss I want to fight and that's the Knight Artorias which pretty much is the original Gael version and that boss was awesome ;)

@Khelben nvm I messed up my safe file and now am stuck at NG+ and am not feeling like doing everything again to reach the DLC unless I can do it now at the start.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #624 (Edited)
Artorias, Kalameet and Mangus heh. Gwyn was so easy that you almost died a few times :p
I always do as my first run is basically to learn his moves and then I try again and also let myself get killed quite few times just to record the footage. Btw since am now OP I just decided to make my way through quick and beated the first boss, the Taurus and the Gargoyle bosses to ring the first bell as well as opened the shortcut to the Firelink and reach Andre but the question is.... can I reach the DLC now or do I have to ring the second bell?

·
Classic Games Lover
5,274 Posts
I always do as my first run is basically to learn his moves and then I try again and also let myself get killed quite few times just to record the footage. Btw since am now OP I just decided to make my way through quick and beated the first boss, the Taurus and the Gargoyle bosses to ring the first bell as well as opened the shortcut to the Firelink and reach Andre but the question is.... can I reach the DLC now or do I have to ring the second bell?
You need to make it all the way to Duke's Archives I'm afraid. You need broken pendant.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #627
You need to make it all the way to Duke's Archives I'm afraid. You need broken pendant.
Yeah, I made my way through and had a almost flawless run beating all the bosses, rang the second bell etc. until I reached the Dragonslayer boss and got beated to death(almost made it though but got hit pretty hard). However, I managed to beat them again and can finally warp so am at Anor Londo right now and can make it again ;)

Btw what's the boss am missing?

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #628
@Khelben yeah had to go to Duke's Archives to get the broken pendant but being at Anor Londo and able to warp it wasn't a big of a deal. As you can see below I not just managed to enter the DLC but also beat the first boss after few tries. I really liked the fight because just when I thought I had all his moves he made a new one lol but eventually I got all moves and beat him.

As a side note I really love how the game look after the graphics pack was applied and Nvidia's Reshade implementation.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #630
The missing boss is Darksun Gwyndolin :)

Cool, you won't regret doing this dlc :)
So far its been fantastic and I really like it. I have also seen many ideas they tested that were implemented in other souls games. I have beat 3 out of 4 bosses of the DLC and the last one is the black dragon. I will go for Gwyndolin right after in Londo ;)

·
Classic Games Lover
5,274 Posts
Nice! Damn, you make the game look way too easy :p For Kalameet you have to speak to Hawkeye Gough so that he shoots him down and you can fight him on the ground.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #633 (Edited)
Here Dark Sun Gwyndolin boss which I was missing and the final boss of the DLC the Black Dragon Kalameet(cut the tail and got the sword ;)). With it I finally complete my journey with the game and with the souls series.

I personally think that From Software and souls games in general should get far more appreciation as they show far more than just the generic gameplay popular games this days have. A game is not just about being hard or easy but about fun and play ability as well as great designed games that keep you busy for quite long time with challenges and stunning content.

Anyway here the videos of the last two boss fights:

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #637 (Edited)
Am having a blast here testing games and my hardware. One of them is Shadow of the Tomb Raider which never ran great at 4K and 60FPS and as of right now the game is extremely smooth while looking great. I also installed Afterburner to display some information while gaming and keeping an eye on my CPU temps.

I also tested the new Star Wars game and WHY in hell is this game not at the top of the game awards? so far an amazing game and I like it. I also installed the game on my m.2 SSD and I don't know about the regular speeds but the game load fast.

Either way here my boss fights while testing:

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Will do but that sounds like a bug I guess. I noticed today that the game is available on Steam so I will purchase the Steam version later as well.
I think one of them is a bug while the other one seems to be a design error (possible for the player to get stuck in an area without the powers needed to get out). The game has a few mistakes, but overall it's great! Just something to keep an eye on so you dont get stuck waiting for a patch to continue playing.

621 - 640 of 668 Posts