Next Generation Emulation banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Why is there a glass plate underneath your screen?

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Huh? but you won't be able to see it with your screen and all the other stuff covering it.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
Huh? but you won't be able to see it with your screen and all the other stuff covering it.
Put the stuff at the place that the screen is not covering.;)

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
That wouldn't be a very big area to work with unless you need it for wallet sized pictures

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts

This is my workstation after months of intensive work. Finished a major project last Friday after knockoff time and haven't had the opportunity to clean up yet. On the left is a layout table hidden by sheets and sheets of mark-up drawings, and I've only recently added the second monitor (my old 23") to improve workflow.

Come Monday morning, this should be nice, clean and usable.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts

This is my workstation after months of intensive work. Finished a major project last Friday after knockoff time and haven't had the opportunity to clean up yet. On the left is a layout table hidden by sheets and sheets of mark-up drawings, and I've only recently added the second monitor (my old 23") to improve workflow.

Come Monday morning, this should be nice, clean and usable.
That's your actual WORKstation though since that's not your Yamakazi monitor you use on your gaming setup is it?

·
7,828 Posts
That's your actual WORKstation though since that's not your Yamakazi monitor you use on your gaming setup is it?
That is my Crossover Gold monitor, which is much better than my Yamakasi Catleap.

I don't really use my home workstation all that much, maybe 3 hours during the working week and a little more on weekends. I'm about to redo my home study, so I can't be bothered to post photos.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
My Workstation:

That little tablet is gonna go flying some day soon with the mouse having so little room.

That is my Crossover Gold monitor, which is much better than my Yamakasi Catleap.
Better? How is it better? Your Yamakasi sounded pretty much perfect to me.

I don't really use my home workstation all that much, maybe 3 hours during the working week and a little more on weekends. I'm about to redo my home study, so I can't be bothered to post photos.
Gotta find a way to display all the collector's swag huh?

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,148 Posts
That little tablet is gonna go flying some day soon with the mouse having so little room.
Actually the Keyboard and Mouse are pretty much useless on the Vaio Tab 20 because of the ability to positionate the screen on almost every angle that fits your need and the typing and touch experience is really accurate and awesome rendering those *almost* useless. I will write my experiences with both devices and i can tell you that the Vaio tab 20 is far better than i ever expected even for use on the lap as is really confortable even if it gives the impression like it isn't the case. The weight may give the impression like is going to be heavy but in reality is really light for a tablet of such a size as even my daugther manages to use it without problems on her lap or just taking it around the apartment.... i have to admit that Sony did a pretty impressive job.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Huh? I don't understand how that makes the keyboard and mouse useless?

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,148 Posts
You can do *almost* every single daily task with the on-screen keyboard and touch and work extremely well. When positionating the screen in a confortable angle to write you can type very fast and accurate due to the big keys and sound that gives you almost the same speed as a keyboard(at least for me). I code, surf or write posts like this one almost as fast as on my old computer + keyboard and using touch i can click or do anything i want. With Win8 easy shortcuts i cut, paste, open and delete things quite fast as well... in fact the experience is light years better than on a smaller table due to the dynamic stand and size hence why i'm using it right now as my main system.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
The thing about peripherals VS touch though is that peripherals don't obstruct the screen at any time and since you already have them you may as well use them unless you wanna use the tablet on the couch.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,148 Posts
That is exactly the thing.... due to the great size the virtual keyboard doesn't really bother unlike normal tablets where it takes a big portion of the screen. In fact you have enough room to do all you want in a really great way. For instance i use the vertical position for coding and have a lot of space to code. The keyboard and mouse are only on that table in case i need them for whatever the reason it may be... since i cary the device around the apartment and is so confortable to work with i haven't had the need to use them. The fact that you can easily access the HDD and RAM is another plus point for me.

Seriously.... one should try this device first to comprehend how awesome it is because i admit that when you look at it for the first time it doesn't give the impression you get later. Is the first time since many years that i give props to Sony since they did a great job this time.

·
7,828 Posts
Better? How is it better? Your Yamakasi sounded pretty much perfect to me.
Several reasons.

-Newer panel that displays billions of colours instead of millions, looks much nicer.

-OSD controls, its in Korean, but having the on panel scaler rules.

-More ports, instead of just a dual-link DVI port, there are 2xHDMI, Displayport, and the dual-link DVI port, plus it has speakers.

-Better housing, the base is far sturdier, the panel can be tilted and has plenty of strength in the control arm ie it doesn't sag, stronger overall quality.

Its by far the better monitor in every aspect.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
also 27" 2560x1600 IPS?

That is exactly the thing.... due to the great size the virtual keyboard doesn't really bother unlike normal tablets where it takes a big portion of the screen. In fact you have enough room to do all you want in a really great way. For instance i use the vertical position for coding and have a lot of space to code. The keyboard and mouse are only on that table in case i need them for whatever the reason it may be... since i cary the device around the apartment and is so confortable to work with i haven't had the need to use them. The fact that you can easily access the HDD and RAM is another plus point for me.

Seriously.... one should try this device first to comprehend how awesome it is because i admit that when you look at it for the first time it doesn't give the impression you get later. Is the first time since many years that i give props to Sony since they did a great job this time.
No, I meant your fingers will still obstruct the screen at times.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,148 Posts
Weil, its obviously not the same but it Works well. The only Thing that Bothers is the Win8 Auto- complete but thats a different Story.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts