Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
I don't own it because I'm an Apple fan. In order to code iOS and MacOS apps, you need a Mac to do it (legally that is). Hence the reason I own it. It was only after I started using it out of necessity that I started liking OSX more than Windows. It's just unfortunate that I can't access dev/mem or dev/kmem on OSX like I could on Linux or any other UNIX distro.

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ok my setup has changed slightly. The whole room was rotated clockwise 90 degrees meaning my bed is where the desk was the desk is on the oppisate side of the window with the AC unit is and the TV/nightstand is where the bed was in its own nook. Have a much larger 50" Plasma HDTV now with the old main pc hooked up to it via HDMI from the Nvidia gt 220 it now has. All while running PCLinuxOS underlay with XBMC on top of that all while streaming stuff from My brand new i5 3570K system I posted before. Managed to get the Logitech x-530s hooked up to the main pc via my old creative x-fi extreme gamer PCI that is using Third Party drivers since I could not get the creative stuff to work at all in windows 7. speakers had to much bass on the built in realtek chip. Main monitor has been replaced with a Dell E207WFP instead of that HP 2009m. New monitor has a res of 1680x1050 compared to the old 1600x900 of the HP. Controller has been replaced with a Dualshock 3 using scarlet crushes driver from PCSX2.net forums. So I am able to game from the bed finally with my emulators. To bad the HDMI cable won't reach the new pc from the HDTV otherwise I could game on the big screen and use the emulators to their fullest that way.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I don't own it because I'm an Apple fan. In order to code iOS and MacOS apps, you need a Mac to do it (legally that is). Hence the reason I own it. It was only after I started using it out of necessity that I started liking OSX more than Windows. It's just unfortunate that I can't access dev/mem or dev/kmem on OSX like I could on Linux or any other UNIX distro.
I know that. What I said was purely my own opinion since we are on a forum afterall.

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yelo I would need one that is about 15-20feet in length to cover the ground needed to hook the main PC back up to the HDTV. Currently only my Massive HTPC is hooked up to the HDTV.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
It's a bit messy and cramped (had to move all my stuff out of the once spare empty bedroom (to make room for the new kid) and into my own bedroom. Got the PS3's I'm working on, my GH drums, various repair tools and parts, my own PS3 and 360 (which is RGH'd) and assorted other toys. :p

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Why is there a bed? Or is that yours and Rae's bedroom?

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
SCHUMI_4EVER said:
Why is there a bed? Or is that yours and Rae's bedroom?
I'll quote myself. :p

General Plot said:
It's a bit messy and cramped (had to move all my stuff out of the once spare empty bedroom (to make room for the new kid) and into my own bedroom.
Yeah, no other place to put it, so in our room it goes.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
And once again watching TV whilst replying to this forum makes me make a silly mistake like that...

Anyways you and Rae really need to get a bigger place though if it's that cramped in there, I mean if the master bedroom is that small then the place must be pretty tiny. Any plans? Or still lacking the required moola unfortunately?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Didn't he want a 37" or 42" though? Yours still looks smaller than that and more reasonable.
And I see you don't have any cats cuz you leave the side of your case open without fear.

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
It's 32" so it's not that big I guess but I was referring to the idea of TV as monitor which Gameman wanted.
In my case I have PS1, PS2 and PC hooked to it so it serves a purpose.
And yeah, I don't have pets (used to have cats when I was living with my folks).

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
PS1? ouch...that can't look very good.

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
When I connected it with composite cable the image was washed out and horrible. It looked way worse than it did on CRT TV I had.
But with S-Video and custom made RGB cable it looks decent and it seemed better then on CRT.

Currently I'm using S-Video with a bit of soften filter and it looks good (to me at least).

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
ouch...it's even worse if you can't restrict it to being 4:3...

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
If you went Gameman way you would be using a low resolution on a giant screen

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
@SCHUMI_4EVER: Heh. I can't win an argument against you can I? :p
I can set 4:3 ratio but I honestly stopped caring so i leave it full screen (16:9) be default.

I remember when I first started playing PS1 games on PSP. It was a constant battle against screen utilitation and right aspect ratio.
Then as I said I simply stopped caring.

@Lasnap: Haha, yeah. I remember he had a huge CRT TV as a PC monitor with a VGA (or 800x600) resolution scaled to 576i and there was no one
who could convice him that buying a decent monitor would yield a huge difference.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I can't stand visual stretching of any sort. I will ALWAYS force the original aspect ratio on everything.
I can't judge how well your setup works though because that flaw automatically ruins your PS1 images for me.

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Damn man, you got me all worked up on the aspect ratio issue again.
Anyway here is the pic with the right aspect ratio (4:3).
And I'm not expecting miracles mind you, since PS1 isn't even SD but for me it's at the exceptable level to be enjoyable to play.

Out of curiosity, when you emulate NES/SNES do you play in the original system aspect ratio or 4:3?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Always maintain original system aspect ratio. I can't stand anything else, unnatural stretching breaks my immersion more than anything else.

I must admit though, that doesn't look half bad for all the pixelization going on.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts