Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am surprised this thread hasn't been created yet.

Ok I am really thinking of posting shots of my entire work area including both pcs and the desk and tv and mabe even my surround sound thats currently stuffed in a box. We moved at the end of Janurary and so I have been getting this set up correctly for this space. This bedroom is a lot larger then my previous one and I even have a much larger corner desk as well. SO I will be taking pictures of the whole set up over the weekend and posting them.

Ok Here are the pictures I promised I would take over the wekend.

These are large pictures I took with my camera.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yup both monitors are connected to the hp under the desk. and the tv is connected to the hp between the desk and the night stand.

I got the desk for free from my aunt and uncle. They were giving it away and since i had one of those cheap $50 corner desks from Walmart before it was nice to upgrade from that.

For some odd reason I did not see that second thread and I thought the first one wasn't right for these kind of pics lol.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Added some more shelves above the monitors.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
lol that was fast..I thought no one would notice for a few hours at least... heh Nicely done :D

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@ruantec I just noticed that we have the same 5.1 speaker system the logitech x-530

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Thanks :). Yep, 40" is much to big, I push my chair about 4-5 feet back to take it in.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Now you need a wireless mouse and keyboard lol
And now you definitely need a bigger desk :p

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts

It's messy, but THIS is where I do actual "work". :)

When my new contract kicks in, then I can afford to get better equipment, and even a new desktop PC with widescreen monitors that I can move with ease like Phil's. But the CRT, it stays. My games look so much better on a CRT than an LCD.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts

It's messy, but THIS is where I do actual "work". :)

When my new contract kicks in, then I can afford to get better equipment, and even a new desktop PC with widescreen monitors that I can move with ease like Phil's. But the CRT, it stays. My games look so much better on a CRT than an LCD.
If not for the Mac I'd say the setup actually still looks quite good. Just because it's not modern doesn't mean it fun can't be had there.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Either you play old arse games, or you haven't used a good LCD :p
Maybe not, but I noticed a rather sharp difference not so much in clarity, but in animation smoothness when it comes to CRTs vs LCDs. I have yet to see an LCD beat a CRT in this area.

If not for me Mac I'd say the setup actually still looks quite good. Just because it's not modern doesn't mean it fun can't be had there.
What's wrong with the Mac? It's the backbone of my entire workstation.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I just greatly dislike their look. It spoils the image regardless of whether I'm an apple fan or not (and I'm not).

1 - 20 of 74 Posts