Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, this is the best way already, but it seems like i would work. I haven't tried it yet, im a little to busy.

http://kcheat.sourceforge.net/

it seems to be the same as a Memory Editor for windows.

So i say someone give it a try, i'll compile it later and try it myself.

DarkestHour

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
No, that's for Linux games, not emulators.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why wouldnt it work, its the same principle as ANY OTHER MEMORY editor in windows. Go ahead, try a memory editor with an emulator in windows, it works, so this should work, i still dont have time to compile it right now. But i will try it soon.

DarkestHour

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I misunderstood what you were saying. Indeed, this should work for what you are trying to do.

·
Registered
48 Posts
A request for some help

Here's the kcheat subdirectory of sourceforge source edited to make the program compile and run with KDE3 (original was from KDE1 - that was causing a very bad configure behaviour ). For the reasons I won't be going into I only managed to get it to compile and not crash on run, so now I'd like to know does it still work after my changes - meaning not with VBA but at all.It compiles with -I/(whereever qt includes are) (KDE by me were in /usr/include) and links with -lXext -lX11 -lkio -lkdecore -lkdeui -lqt-mt -lqui (I think that's all - was guessing libs and working via ssh, when finally succeded something locked bash and had to "kill -9" it so unable to check). Made no changes to makefiles so they don't work, had to compile it manually moc_* files are results of doing moc on respective headers. The attachment is of course tar.bz2 not zip.Guess that's all so now would somebody please check if the thing works.

OK, now at least new search works, doing futher tests.

Now the "Yes No Cancel" save dialog works and it seems to work with KRepton (it's a game, not something I like just something I found for the tests).

·
Registered
48 Posts
News Flash: Tested it against vba running some random homebrew rom and it worked, sadly no such luck with snes9x - trying to attach makes snes9x freeze completly. Could somebody hint me why ? Still to try - does it work with zsnes - any input here ?
Also often but not always it closes fine but shows some strange error - something like "X Bad Window", it shows a problem with deleting window - at least I think it does. Frankly I hardly know anything about KDE1 and KDE3, but AFAIK 3 does a lot of stuff automatically, when 1 needed manual handling for that, so there's probably a function which tries to delete the windows after KDE already deleted them. Could somebody try to find it ?

Guess what ? It works with zsnes. Any ideas why it doesn't with snes9x ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts