Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi!! I have been trying to port your amazing Virtual Jaguar emulator to the Xbox console (not the Xbox 360, but the original Xbox). I had troubles when compiling the files related to the M68K emulation (mainly, the m68k_in.c made my Visual Studio .NET go crazy) so I tried to replace the M68K related code, with the original Mushashi 68000 emulator code, which was very similar but didn't have that m68k_in.c file, and I managed to compile and link everything properly for the Xbox.

I was very excited about this... but it did not work :( The emulator runs but it hangs soon, in the m68k_read_immediate_32 instructions). I guess that the M68K code that you used in Virtual Jaguar has been customized to emulate the Atari Jaguar processor... I looked for information about this, and I saw in an old readme of a former version of Virtual Jaguar something like this: "If you need to use some other 68000 emulator, you need to change Level 2 interrupt vector to 0x100.". But I am not finding anything more related to the portability.

Do you think that you could give me an advice? My problem is that the code that you used for the M68K emulation in Virtual Jaguar is not compiling in my Visual Studio .NET 2003, and when I replace it by the Mushashi code, the emulator does not work... so I would need to be able to compile the code used by Virtual Jaguar, or be able to understand what I must change in the Mushashi code to make it work.

By the way, I am starting the port with a very old version of Virtual Jaguar (v1.0.5) because Xbox lacks of OpenGL support, and this 1.0.5 version was the last that did not used OpenGL. But as far as I have seen, the M68K code that you used, did not change a lot in the later versions (1.0.6, 1.0.7...)

Thank you very much!!

EDIT: I found a solution, using the code branch "old-cd", it seems that there is no strange code to my compiler, and it works. Anyways, thank you very much and keep going on with your marvelous work!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Glad you found something that works, even if it's old and out of date. :)

Really don't know what to tell you about the OpenGL code. While the Jaguar core is pretty much separated from the GUI code, if you don't use an OpenGL rendering path you'd have to write your own screen stretching code on the front end. Other than that, it should compile and work on any standards compliant platform. :thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Port of Virtual Jaguar for Xbox released

I am very glad to say that now your awesome project Virtual Jaguar is in another plattform. I finished the port of Virtual Jaguar for Xbox (not Xbox 360, but the original one), nicknamed "Virtual JaguarX". It's very cool to add this great project to the Xbox scene, and also is very cool that people in the Xbox now knows the great work that you are doing with this emulator!

One member of the Xbox scene recorded a video of himself playing this emulator. He did not use the best configuration options in many games, but at least you can see how it runs more or less:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNjMpKgCC50

Finally, as I wrote in the README, I want to say many thanks to all the team involved in Virtual Jaguar, specially Shamus for the support and advices that he gave me during the port process.

I will keep following your progress, and I am sure that now many xbox-sceners (like me) have become big fans of your project now ;)

Thank you very much, and keep up with this marvelous project!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts