Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10,973 Posts
I think having full fledged releases on PSN between 20-30 usd is OK.
It's funny that people complain for paying 20-30 US for a full game but will buy Guitar Hero or Rock Band tracks for 2-3 US.
I think that people are used to buying digital downloads of music and if the music helps them enjoy Rock Band or Guitar Hero more, more power to them.

There are times I question if it was a good idea trading in Rock Band from my PSP, perhaps it would have been better to give it a whirl and see if I liked it, after all branching out and growing is important for gamers, and is it really a good idea to keep buying the same game (i.e., Neo Geo games) for every system (PS2/Wii/PSP) that I own?

As far as pricing, if I can get the UMD version at the same price as the download, I'll buy the UMD version. I prefer hard copies of games over virtual versions. I did pay $23.99 for Left 4 Dead, but it was a rare decision.

· Registered
10,973 Posts
I wonder why do you do that Paratech.
I mean do you get any sort of upgrade when buying the same neo geo games, graphic update, new mods, etc.
In my case I would just buy them for the console that I have the best controller. I think that the PS2 versions is great for the fighting games.
The PS2 version so I can eventually "legally" play it on my PC, the Wii to pad the library and get some good 2 player games, the PSP for when I'm doing laundry, or if I get hospitalized again, like when I had my open heart surgery, I had my DS with me, and when I visit my mother during the holidays.

Yeah, PSP downloads for the PSP games is ridiculous, but $9.99 for Final Fantasy VII, and $5.99 for other Playstation games isn't bad, although I wish I could rip the 70+ PSX CDs I own. Why should I have to repurchase games to get digital images?

· Registered
10,973 Posts
That's a lot of versions.
But you have your reasons.

Another good side is that your keeping devs pockets happy by supporting them.
Yeah, I get legal emulation and they make money off the sale.

There are a few games that will never be commercially emulated that I'd like to have legally, i.e. Chinese Hero, Zwackery, the Glob, Crazy Kong Orca, Crazy Climber, but one can dream...

:innocent:

· Registered
10,973 Posts
Yeah but people with the Go will fill up their 16 gyg memory sticks quickly. Heck just 1 move download that was free with my 3000 ate up over 1.5GB of space, School of Rock, and left me with less than 2.5 GB space on my PSP, imagine if gamers try and buy games like God of War on the PSP go, they'll go through 16GB real quick....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.