Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
PSP games are bigger than the general iPhone game I guess. You don't see games like God of War and Monster Hunter on an iPhone. The problem is that for some reason these companies don't understand the concept of lower prices -> more sales. Yes, there will be less profit per unit, but since it's digital you don't have any production costs, just R&D, so there's no variable costs at all when you sell more units.

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
We still have to pay €40 for Patapon, IF we can find it at all :(

No wonder Sony doesn't like importing, they'll lose their life support.

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Why don't you just get a US PSN account? I have and i just buy PSN cards on eBay.
I'm no fan of downloadable games, I prefer hard copies. I cherish my boxart too much :p It simply doesn't have any value to me, if it's digital only I simply don't care about it. PSP games I prefer to pick from the shelf, pop in and play. It's a novelty ritual, just like blowing NES cartridges. Besides, if I have to go through such a hassle they really give me the idea that they don't even want me to buy their stuff in the first place.

Yeah, PSP downloads for the PSP games is ridiculous, but $9.99 for Final Fantasy VII, and $5.99 for other Playstation games isn't bad, although I wish I could rip the 70+ PSX CDs I own. Why should I have to repurchase games to get digital images?
Wasn't there an app for it, Popstation or so? I remember making my own PSP versions? I definitely won't be paying twice for a game I already own, it's bloody emulation, so there's always workarounds. Though you may need to have a "helped" PSP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.