Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imitating cheesy sci-fi tv shows I'm creating a spin-off from the sticky up there.

I wanted to know where my fellow Canadians found they've had the best deals on current gen console games (xbox 360 and ps3 primarily) because e-bay and amazon seem ungodly expensive on most games for some reason.

Online is preferable but a national chain would also be good as not all of us live in Toronto! I also tend to focus on games that haven't been just released (with Steam sales, I finally have some semi-recent games such as Bioshock, Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed!) but if you find a specific deal, even on new games, please let me know about it!

So fellow canucks, any insight ?

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
you could try kajiji.ca

i've sold and bought some stuff on there for really cheap. Sold Some ps2 games for $4-12 dollars a piece last year....actually i think it was 2 years ago...

And that was when you'd have to pay $25-30 for used ps2 games at EB games.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
I sold two games to them for $15 and they go and sell them for $45. Well, put them up for sale for $45. I hope they never sold them. Only two I've ever traded in, and ever will.

·
band
4,912 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
used e-b games ARE a ripoff.

Bought Kotor on xbox for like 50$ (10$ cheaper than new) as a gift. And that was 2-3 years after the fact. Of course I knew I was getting screwed but that's what happens when you're last minute ...

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
I think they've gotten better with selling pre-owned. A bit, anyways. They'd be pretty stupid to price non-competitively with online shopping.

·
band
4,912 Posts
Everytime I go into an EBgames, I look at Unreal 3 and am tempted to get it for 14.99.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I like buying from Gamestop but not selling to them.

I've built quite a library cheap off of buying used games from them.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Pre-owned? I wouldn't due to CD-Keys...
They haven't sold Pre used PC games there for years, he's talking about a NEW PC game or a used 360 game. The 360 games aren't using CD Keys are they?

oO :???:

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
They haven't sold Pre used PC games there for years, he's talking about a NEW PC game or a used 360 game. The 360 games aren't using CD Keys are they?

oO :???:
If he is looking at UT3 for 360 then he needs a slap. The PS3 version is somewhat redeemable since you can use a keyboard and mouse.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.