• Pete's Soft

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Lewpy's 3dfx

Votes: 8 21.6%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Pete's plugins are the best(at least for my GeForce2 Pro)

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Originally posted by Disturbed
Lewpy's plugin is the best for my Voodoo 5 but very unstable on my system :( so I use Pete's D3D as it's more stable :)
The good news is I've addressed a fair few stability problems in my current build :)

·
ItsNotMe
164 Posts
Pete's OpenGL

S

·
0 Posts
pete wins, but that says more about the cards people use than about the quality/popularity of the plugin.

·
ItsNotMe
164 Posts
Very true

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Originally posted by Samor
pete wins, but that says more about the cards people use than about the quality/popularity of the plugin.
With 3dfx out of the picture, and people switching over to nVidia cards, my "retirement" day is becoming nearer and nearer :)))

·
ItsNotMe
164 Posts
It'll be at least a few more years to go before voodoo cards will cease to exist.

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
When I replace my Voodoo3, I'll probably incinerate the blasted thing. I've had it since a little after my Graduation ('98) when they first came out, and I STILL haven't run through a single PC game that actually worked right! It's really quite pitiful...I'm sitting here drooling over the Voodoo2 I gave my little brother when I 'upgraded' that works with every game it's ever been fed. :spy: The only things I HAVE gotten it to work with are emu's, and that's just weird.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I usually use Lewpy's but from my expierence Pete's DX6 runs just as well on my Voodoo 2 most of the time.

It'll be sad to see Lewpy's Glide plugin die even though it's inevitable now that 3dfx is dead.

S

·
0 Posts
I use Pete's OGL since it is the only one that works prperly w/my GEForce 2 GTS card. I've tried both D3D plugins and they do weird things. This may be because one is for DX 6, one is for DX 7, and I have DX 8. OGL works w/everything. It is fast, stable, and easy to use. Also FSAA (on my card) works fne w/it. It is OGL all the way for me.:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use Lewpy's 3dfx, its what works best on my Voodoo3. Also, since my card doesn't support 32-bit accelerated in full screen, Pete's don't work very well in 16 bit. To the guy w/ voodoo3 problems: I dunno what's wrong w/ yours, but it always runs well w/ everything for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts