Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like it says.I just want to know what version is commonly used here.

Me i am using ver. 1001

·
Registered
356 Posts
One thing bothers me, is the any difference between the bioses???
Any extra speed using new bios? don't think though.
Only thing I know that PSX with OLD bios can play backups perfectly without MOD-CHIP...

·
Registered
26 Posts
The only other difference was the ones prior to the 7001 (I believe) didn't have analog or dual shock support. But I think that was the console itself and not the bios. I can't say I've seen much difference between running the 1001, 7001, or 7502, so I just stick with 7502.

S

·
0 Posts
I use 1001...just because I still had that one on my HD from trying psemu pro ;)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My psx box has a name in it that says SCPH 9003, could this be a newer bios in the psx but anyway i dont know how to download it and this one dont have a port for a gameshark.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
The difference is the region of origin. 1001 is from a us machine, 7502 is from a european (pal) one. I suppose it would be better to use the bios from the region that the game came from for compatibility reasons however in general the difference is irrelevant.

C

·
0 Posts
New BIOS revisions usually just fixed minor bugs not visible to the end-user.

There is no publically dumped BIOS revision for the PSX higher than 7502...

I tried to dump my own 7501, but alas, I had trouble with the software :/

S

·
0 Posts
I use the 7502 bios and yes there are some differences (though minor as CD said) besides being from different regions as Betamax correctly stated. Proof of these differences is that at least one game, Wild Arms 2, requires the 7502 bios to run at all w/ePSXe. I have all the bioses and I tried all of them w/this game and the only one that it would work with was the 7502 one. So there are differences, no matter how slight, between the different bioses.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
ItsNotMe
164 Posts
7502 for me.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I found a page with about 8 bios one time but the only one that works good for me out of them is SCPH1001. I havn't found 7502, but since I play all US games it doesn't matter too much.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.