Next Generation Emulation banner

Should marijuana be legalized, taxed and regulated in the USA?

• Yes it should.

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • No it should not.

Votes: 11 26.2%
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
it would be nice to make a vote topic too...

i vote yes.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Yes, I don't mind. :)

Just so long as the tax isn't too outrageous that "black market" marijuana materializes as a response to people wanting to get around the tax.

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Yes but it won't ever...happen; at least not as long as I'm of age and morality to use it. It's legalization is in pre-teen stage as of now because of California's legislation. It won't be fully mature and breasted until I'm fifty.

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
Personally, I hate the smell more then tobacco.

I don't really care to be honest. The people who need it for medical reasons should have free access to it. Everyone else....eh, pay up like people do for tobacco :p

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
No. Weed should remain banned, like tobacco should be banned, as well as any other ****ed up drug which kills you slowly.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
No. Weed should remain banned, like tobacco should be banned, as well as any other ****ed up drug which kills you slowly.
my thoughts exactly, quoted because i cant be bothered typing my own version out.

·
band
4,912 Posts
Personally, I hate the smell more then tobacco.

I don't really care to be honest. The people who need it for medical reasons should have free access to it. Everyone else....eh, pay up like people do for tobacco :p
Spoken like a true Canuck.

In my younger days I've smoked it numerous times. Personally I don't find it any worse than alcohol, tobacco, etc.

I think the government should regulate and tax it. Put a high enough tax and people will probably not use it enough for anyone to care. Besides, the States don't have centralised healthcare, so I don't think the government should really care too much.

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
As a drug not only is it not worse than alcohol or tabacco, its actually less harmful. With light doses of marijuana actually likely to be helping the brain.

No conclusive study has proven that moderate amounts of marijuana cause any form of longterm sideffects, with the short term ones being practically non-existant. The only indications of long term harm is that there are more schizophrenics that smoke pot (which more logically just shows that many nutters smoke the stuff rather than it causing schizophrenia) and it may increase rates of alzheimers in excessive doses.

Marijuana should have been internationally legalized decades ago. Better to spend the earned tax money to educate the people, rather than to attempt to restrict the populace and still have 1/4 of the population do it secretly.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
What's better, letting people do unhealthy things to themselves in a free society, or spending billions trying to control an uncontrollable problem in a fascist manner? hmmmmm.......

Seriously, this pointless pursuit of marijuana prohibition has long since been proven ineffective.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
WRONG.

Long term usage of weed has the same effect on the brain as all narcotics.

Its slower, but its still killing you.

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
WRONG.

...aaaaaaand if it was legal the government would pool more money from the people thus effectively helping the economy.

Lethal or not; so is alcohol and you know how much money the government pulls from the country because of its tax.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
If smoking was illegal they would spend less on cancer treatment, thus more money in the coffers.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
WRONG.

So let's make smoking, drinking, salt, fatty foods, sucrose, and carbon emissions all illegal since they all slowly kill you with regular use. Heil Hitler.

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
WRONG.

Incorrect.

Long-term EXCESSIVE doses of weed have the same effect. Recreational use in no way does said effect... Its like saying lets make meat illegal because some people are gits, took too much, and died of cholesterol.

Don't be so closed minded. Liberty is good. At worst, you'll have a few less idiots on the planet in a decade or 2.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
im not close minded, stop believing the bull**** the drug ****ers want you to see, and get the scans of a real "recreational" drug user.

You'll see what im talking about.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.