Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the results of the poll on the right handed side of the mainpage are kinda interresting: Most people actually do want us to keep the news and emulators up to date, forums are far, far behind.

Shows me somehow, what we should put the focus on for the close future.

·
Super Moderator
13,063 Posts
i set another poll on the forum at the same time, to confirm some trends.
http://forums.ngemu.com/open-discussion/106042-poll-cast-yarr-vote.html

from the early results of both polls, it appears clear that:

- those privilegiing news are mainly visitors not registered in the forum.
- those prefering the forum sections are mainly registered members, more interested in interaction with the community than in news (which not that many do check, given that in counterparty, only one entry point from the forum to fp exist in the bottom of the forum).
- the radical difference between the results in fp and on the forum confirms a bridging between the 2 would be desirable, such as:
* through more proeminent forwarding of forum content to fp, such as latest reviews and latest news submissions, since itd seem the current entry points to the forum are not proeminent enough. not many do know what a 'messageboard' is ;P)
* through an additional userbar somewhere, with rollable links to the most significant sections of fp and the network

A bridging could help increase visitor entries to fp from forum and vice versa.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very good ideas among these, need to get back to this point as soon as the "Main" bugs are ironed out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts