Next Generation Emulation banner

Are you interested in understanding the basics of how cheat codes work?

• YES, I am interested in a basic knowledge.

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • NO, I have no interest in how cheat codes work.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A LITTE BIT, I think it may come in handy.

Votes: 3 15.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please vote!!!!

I got an email from this dude who deleted my Wikipedia edit and this is what he said:

"Do they care how the cheat codes work or are they more interested to know they are there at all, I like cheat codes but, me, like most video game players, don't care about the how and why but the what and when"

(FYI: this is specifically related to this guide below:)

I dont like how he's just assuming that most in the emuscene may like cheat codes but dont care how they work... So im polling to get votes to assess the the appropriate way....

Comment if you must, but im more looking for the polling results, please help on this!!!!

Tahnx if you do :)

· Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn yeah, And good work there Mdkcheatz, I assume he is so stupid to think like that.
Why thank you sir, and thank you for voting, this will really help me crush him xD

· Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yo people I need help D:

· Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This Thread is lagging.... thx for the help :(

· Oilslime
79 Posts
Cheat codes are important. Without them we could never fill our Pokedex after the events pass. On a related note I've managed to map more than a thousand memory adresses in Dragon Warrior VII :) ; I've also complted my current-class, item, and newtown lists for use in code modifiers.

If Squall doesn't object to it, I plan on mapping out FFVIII's adresses next.

· UnCool
59 Posts
What the? of course I would want to know how it works!!.
It's human nature to be curious.

· soshin
3,378 Posts
I was one of those casual gamers that tend to just use them. But then I felt that I didn't have much control of the things that are being hacked. That's why I started to learn the basic cheat making. I usually play RPGs and most of the time what I want to cheat are just the experience (faster leveling), but the one I found are for mostly maximum level. While I'm nowhere from being a even a novice hacker, these kind of knowledge is just fun to learn.

· Registered MSX user
1,671 Posts
Nowadays I hardly use any cheat codes. When it comes to technical level, of course I'm interested to know how they actually work.

· Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, thanks for your feedback everyone...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.