Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the hardest step in building a new computer? Not counting finding the money. Anything from product researching to assembly to installation hardware/software.

My vote is the processor fan. I hate installing those.

·
playing FGO
10,942 Posts
I swear you'd almost give yourself a heart attack just installing those cpu fans on a Duron with a Spitfire core. :eyes:

·
playing FGO
10,942 Posts
Maybe you should apply for a job at AMD :D and give us free samples of athlons! :D :D :D

·
playing FGO
10,942 Posts
How about Intel then? :p And maybe help redesign Pentium V? :p I hear they have a plant in Clark or something...

·
Registered
41 Posts
i think conflicts are a hard one too. But i usually have a lot of trouble fixating the mobo right.... usually after i put the mobo the things goes faster. another thing that i like to do but can do some headaches sometimes is tweak with the bios to set the maximium options possible :)

[]s

Tenchi Muyou

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
Well the new years here and that meant a new upgrade. Unfortunately due to a recent explosion that occured within my monitor I had to delay getting an xp 1500+ and instead get a TB 1.1. However I have (so far) managed to clock it at 1.3. I'll put her higher if I get the guts to draw pencil lines on the chip ;).

Anyways when I assembed it I got nothing but bleep codes, tracked the problem to a faulty FDD cable and an incompatible DIMM.

Fault tracking is major fun :(

ps at least it wasn't cooling this time ;)

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
6,550 Posts
Hey Beta, how exactly did you blow up you're monitor? I still have my TB1.4, but I can get another pc or upgrade again this year coz of company priveleges.. I dunno what to get though, I'm quite satisfied with my current setup.. maybe Northwood? :heh:

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
I switched it on. :D The darn thing went pop. Must have shorted out the resizing circuitry, 'cos now if I try to access the OSD it just deguasses. If push the brightness button it just deguasses etc... Which would be fine except the settings are totally screwed up also. My windows are currently trapezium shaped! :eek:.

ps at least this time there wasn't any smoke!

·
Registered
1 Posts
No... the worst bit is the days spent blankly staring into the box, wondering why the damn thing wont get beyond the POST... x_x my old K6-3 Used to do this on a weekly basis! and they asked why i was insane!? btw whats this about Spitfires... didnt have any trouble getting the heatsink (a coolermaster CB5-6G52) on the chip... oh btw I'm new around here!

·
Registered
182 Posts
talking about accidents :p I blow up accidentaly my motherboard support for wakeup lan :( when i assembled it some metal part of the cpu box make contact with the board and when power up tha thing three surface diodes flew away from the box... pretty scary :dead:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.