Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
411 Posts
Rhombus said:
Since when are any of these games "realistic"? There's no time travel, it's flashbacks, as kingking 3rd said. But even if it was time travel, why is that any less realistic than freaky paranormal possession (fahrenheit), ghosts solving mysteries (post-mortem), or magic and mayan gods (broken sword)? The only ones listed with any real kind of realism are The Last Express, and to a somewhat lesser extent, The Dagger of Amon Ra.
Police Quest III: The Kindred is based on atrue story so take that :hdbash:. :p

Serously though you got a good point. It's rare that a game is based on realistic ideals esp in this sub-genre of murder/police mystery. Who would want to play "COPS" the game...boring.

· Registered
411 Posts
Paratech said:
What about the SWAT games started by Darryl Gates?
Aren't there 4 of them?
Yeah but they're not really adventure games. They're more FPS Tactical games, similar to Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six (on PC, xbox versions of those games have mutated into FPS Action Tactical games)

And I just thought of another game! Shadow of Destiny. You're investigating your own murder. It's really cool, you know you're going to die a specific way, and you have ot stop it and investigate who's trying to kill you. You learn little clues about how its going to happen from a Gypsy but you need to continue going on with your life at the same time. If I recall correctly the game goes over a 12 or 14 day period, every day being a new challenge...sometimes you may risk your life saving someone - othertimes you'll think twice not to becuase the things around may remind you of what you know of your death.

Definitley look into Shadow of Destiny, I believe its available on PC too, was initially a PS2 game from Konami though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.