Next Generation Emulation banner

Pokemon

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  imohtep 
#1 ·
Has anybody got pokemon gale of darkness working on any dolphin build? Or any other gamecube pokemon game working on dolphin? I have read on the net that there were issues with the opengl but have those been resolved on any build?

#5 ·
Yesterday I was able to boot Pokemon XD without using any tricks, it did however keep randomly freezing in different spots. I managed to get to the title screen and create a save file before it froze, that was as far as I got.

Tested on revision 4026 x64.

@Lauren and kronox, cool it guys.. Lauren the op mentioned Pokemon XD, not Colosseum. Pokemon XD requires a trick to boot or did require a trick in the past, which included starting Shadow the Hedgehog, stopping emulation and starting Pokemon XD or you can use a save state from the revision you are attempting to emulate Pokemon XD on. ;)

#8 · (Edited)
Well excuse me for it being late at night and being exhausted when I replied, I saw nothing wrong with Little Mike's post as he mentioned a workaround to fix the problem with Pokemon XD.

There is no need to be rude or use profanity, if you don't like something use the pm system to politely resolve any problems you have with a member and keep it off of the forum. ;)

Yes Colosseum is working with Dolphin as far as I know, haven't tested it in a while to verify whether or not it works in the latest revisions. I am unsure if any other Pokemon games work.

#15 ·
Well excuse me for it being late at night and being exhausted when I replied, I saw nothing wrong with Little Mike's post as he mentioned a workaround to fix the problem with Pokemon XD.

There is no need to be rude or use profanity, if you don't like something use the pm system to politely resolve any problems you have with a member and keep it off of the forum. ;)

Yes Colosseum is working with Dolphin as far as I know, haven't tested it in a while to verify whether or not it works in the latest revisions. I am unsure if any other Pokemon games work.
I am so sorry! I thought that Little Mike awnser meant just stop emulation and play it on a GC. I'm Dutch you see and I apparently didn't understand it. So I'm sorry Little Mike and Xtreme2damax.

#17 ·
If you are getting errors loading plugins update your DirectX to the latest bi-monthly redistributable. The March 2009 redistributable or newer should be sufficient, or you can use the web updater.

Before anything is said it is irrelevant if you have Vista and DirectX 10, you still need to update DirectX since Dolphin only utilizes DirectX 9.0. Vista and Windows 7 come with a very basic version of the DirectX 9.0 runtimes which is only sufficient for booting and running the operating system.

You may also want to install Visual C++ Redistributable x86 if you have a 32-bit operating system, x86 and x64 Visual C++ Redistributable if you have a 64-bit operating system.

#18 ·
Thanks for the reply xtreme2damax. I have directX 9.0c I remember and I'm using windows xp sp2 32bit. Does that not satisfy the directx requirements of dolphin?In a previous thread I mentioned that nulldc runs perfectly on my pc. Doesnt nulldc require the same version of directx as dolphin? So shouldn't I not be getting errors related to directx? I know I'm becoming very irritating but this 'unable to read pad_plugin.dll' error is getting me so frustrated

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.