Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just downloaded this yesterday. I seen a few threads that are sort of in the ballpark of what my problem is, so before anyone is annoyed with multiple thread problems I tried every solution that was proposed in the other threads and nothing has worked so far.

My buddy and me are playing Pokemon Leaf Green and Fire Red on our laptops with the VBA Link Emulator. We both downloaded the the roms from the same site, and even went as far as trying to use the same roms. The problem is that we go to the link option....link up fine, everything connected...but when we go to the lady to trade, his works fine saying "Decide who will be leader or join", but mine says "Please wait, press B to cancel" and automatically freezes. It doesnt just say the Please wait, and stays at it...the whole emulator freezes. I have not a clue on why this is..and it starting to get annoying.

So far I have tried:

-Both working at at least 95% frame rate
-Enable Frame skipping
-Uncheck pause when inactive
-Change save type to 128k
-Set priority to highest

Not a clue why this hasn't worked yet...beginning to be a little annoying considering my computer is way faster and has better video than his, yet mine freezes. If his froze, i would attribute it to the fact that the comp is crappy....thanks for any help.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just downloaded this yesterday. I seen a few threads that are sort of in the ballpark of what my problem is, so before anyone is annoyed with multiple thread problems I tried every solution that was proposed in the other threads and nothing has worked so far.

My buddy and me are playing Pokemon Leaf Green and Fire Red on our laptops with the VBA Link Emulator. We both downloaded the the roms from the same site, and even went as far as trying to use the same roms. The problem is that we go to the link option....link up fine, everything connected...but when we go to the lady to trade, his works fine saying "Decide who will be leader or join", but mine says "Please wait, press B to cancel" and automatically freezes. It doesnt just say the Please wait, and stays at it...the whole emulator freezes. I have not a clue on why this is..and it starting to get annoying.

So far I have tried:

-Both working at at least 95% frame rate
-Enable Frame skipping
-Uncheck pause when inactive
-Change save type to 128k
-Set priority to highest

Not a clue why this hasn't worked yet...beginning to be a little annoying considering my computer is way faster and has better video than his, yet mine freezes. If his froze, i would attribute it to the fact that the comp is crappy....thanks for any help.
Sorry.
This forum does not support piracy so no help for you...

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Yes I am afraid downloaded games are against the [rules]Emuforums Rules[/rules] and thus will receive no support here and so this thread will have to be locked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.