Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[I managed to fix my cheats problem by formatting my computer. That's right.]

All goes well, until the point ,right after delievring the mystery egg, when Maril boy teaches you to catch pokemon. He calls me out in the grass, then runs away, but my character won't follow him (can't blame her). Therfore, I can't progress in the game.

I spent a few good hours googling the problem, but nothing. I tried using different versions of both games (HG and SS), patched and un-patched with every possible combo of patches you can think off, and the original clean versions. I've turned on and off the AR code supposed to help prevent crashes/freezes. Tried using different versions of No$GBA as well (currently using No$GBA 2.6a and No$Zoomer latest version).

Something I missed?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
sound on?
pressed the 'A' button repeatedly (some cutscenes have a message to press the A button which does not appear in no$gba for some reason)?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
sound on, A button pres-able but it's not doing anything.

I transfered the entire folder to a different computer, and it works on it. Sadly, it's not my computer, but screw that, at least I found out how to save - a real must with this game.

Oooh, goodie, I ran into game-stopping crash! So appearntly No$GBA isn't rooting for me, because as soon as you get your 4th badge, NO SAVE FOR YOU! Saving=crashing. Appearntly those ghost pokemon can curse emulatores now. So this game is actully a demo ending with the 4th gym, isn't that super?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh, the same thing happens to me D:
Except I just got my 3rd badge.
I could save after that no problem, but it seems like after I fight another trainer, and save I get the message rom image has crashed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, it seems like the only to go on after the infamous 4th gym is to *censored*, use a 4-badge-cheat and save to see if it crashes. It worked much better with No$GBA 2.6 (which by the way has no problem running with No$Zoomer latest version, despite a very annoying pokegear bug coming outta nowhere after the elite four.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Regardless if that's the only way to do it or not, it's not to be discussed here as it's illegal and against the [rules]Rules[/rules].

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.