Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup, everyone. I'm having this problem with Pokemon SoulSilver.

Basicly after like 20 seconds of checking the move pokemon option in the pokemon box, playing the slot machines at the game corner or doing pokethalon contests, the game will start to slowdown to like 30% and it will be really laggy. I tried changed sound to quality to low, setting nocash as the 3D render and messing with the emulation speed settings. Still couldn't get it to go away.

I use no$zoomer 2.3.0.2 with no$gba2.6a. I don't think it's a computer problem because it's a fairly decent PC. 4 gig ram, 2.5ghz duel core, 9800nividia.

So my question is, does anyone else have this problem with the game? Also does anyone know how to fix it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ah, yes, it happenes to me too. Deal with it - it's not worth accidently screwing up your precious WORKING rom, is it? And believe me, if it's working otherwise, it is precious (insert lord-of-the-ring-standart-precioussss-joke-here).

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Is that by any chance a laptop?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I was asking because laptops tend to overheat and then underclock themselves which accounts for slowdowns when using them...but as this is a propper desktop PC I am not quite sure what's up, although you may want to check temperatures anyways...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes video card usally hovers around 71c unless I'm playing like Mass Effect. The CPU is usally around 41c.

In case anyone misunderstood it's not the actual computer that slows down, it's just the emulator. It'll go down to like 30% with 10 FPS and become almost unplayable unless you stop what you're doing and exit out of the pokebox or pokethalon.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
It could then be that no$gba merely struggles to render something in those locations which is just an unfortunate consequence of it's current state of emulation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.