Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I'm new here, and just downloaded No$GBA today. I had played through and completed Pokemon Soulsilver on a flash cart, and was planning to start a game of Pokemon Platinum, which I would trade to. I copied the save file from the flash cart to the battery folder in No$GBA, however when I try to run Soulsilver, it crashes when I select the save file. How do I avoid this?
EDIT: I am using the save size of Flash512K and version 2.6a of NO$GBA. The game loads and identifies the save (it enters the "continue", "new game", "connect to pokewalker" etc screen) but when the continue option is selected it crashes, with the error
"NO$GBA - FATAL
The rom-image has crashed."
Clicking "OK" closes the emulator.
EDIT 2:
I tried removing my save file and starting a new game, but after Prof. Oak's introduction (Inputting your gender+name) the screen remained black. The music played fine though, and it didn't crash to desktop.
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nogba doesn't allow trading on DS games, so it doesn't matter what desmume can and can't do.
Oh :( I suppose I'll have to give up on that idea then. Are you sure, though? On the No$GBA site it says on the homepage, " NoGBA supports multiplayer and is able to load multiple NDS ROM files for linking games." Is this false? I presume there isn't an alternative emulator which allows linking games? Even if trading is currently unavailable, could you provide me with the cheat code to get soul silver to work (or point me in the right direction)? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
lol, which nogba site would that be.

the only site you should be paying attention to is

http://nocash.emubase.de/gba.htm
This one. I'll take your word for it, though - it does seem to contradict itself. Please could you send me a link to the cheat code needed for Pokemon Silver to function? Thanks again
EDIT: I tried using some codes I found online. They did allow a new game to be started but unfortunately didn't work with my previous save file

·
Registered
557 Posts
"SNIP" I'll take your word for it, though - it does seem to contradict itself. Please could you send me a link to the cheat code needed for Pokemon Silver to function? Thanks again
EDIT: I tried using some codes I found online. They did allow a new game to be started but unfortunately didn't work with my previous save file
That website is almost FAKE! Don't download it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I'm sorry for posting on an ancient forum, but can someone please help? I've tried lots of stuff but I think I need the STEP BY STEP method or I'll end up destroying my save file. Please help, I cannot even load my save without the ROM crashing

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Loose Leaf,
If you're trying to transfer pokemon like I was, you could try using Pokegen to export 'mons from one save file and import into another. It does mess up their nickname if you do it across games, and possibly some other data, but you can modify the name back to what it was within the software. If you're just trying to get the game working though, I'm no help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts