Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm running no$gba on windows xp. Playing pokemon platinum I can save early on in the game but once I try to over write the save file by saving in game it doesn't work. Then if I try and load the one I saved it only loads the original file. Do I need to change the settings? Is there a way I can have it auto save?

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts
There is no autosave option in-game, so that's not possible.
My guess is that No$ crashed after you saved for the second time. If this is the case, the .sav file was not updated. To minimize such loss, you have to reload the ROM every time you save.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you're saying after I save I should close the game and reload it through no$gba? or reset it? When I save the game shouldn't the save file in the battery file update? because it doesn't. It says the last date edited was not when I just saved it.

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,598 Posts
You don't have to close and run the emu again, you just have to reload (ie. go to the emu's File menu and load the game again). Reset (I just call it soft reset) doesn't update the save file.

The save file will be created/updated when you close the emu, reload the current game, or load another game.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.