Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum,

I've managed to play Pokemon platinum and Pokemon diamond linked in a no$gba emulator. I also managed to link them and get both games into the union room for trading. Sometimes I get a connection error, but then I load the game and simply try again. Usually I can connect within 3 tries. But anyway, the chatting system works, as both screens show both ''I have joined the union room'', and ''Tim has joined the union room''. (In both games my trainer name is Tim). My current problem is, if I talk to the other trainer on both screens, the game on my first screen freezes, and a couple of seconds later I see on the second screen that the first screen was disconnected. At this point I have to reset cardridge, because the first screen is still frozen, and try it again. But it happens every time.

Any thoughts about this?

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
NDS linking was never correctly implemented in No$GBA. Anything that can be done is through massive jury-rigging. For most intents and purposes IT DOES NOT WORK. Please don't post as if it did because it will only cause newbies to get false hopes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'm sorry but I thought one of the functions of a forum was people helping eachother. I asked for help. Now you are saying you don't want me to post? I'm sorry. I didn't know posting a topic about no$gba linking could hurt somebody's life so badly.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
It's not that it hurts anybody, it just has been discussed several times already and even the developer said on his homepage that it doesn't work enough to be properly implemented. Still there are people like you, who relentlessly try to do the impossible and for those every such a thread is a glimmer of (false) hope. I just wanted you and any other reader to understand that given the current stage of No$GBA, linking is just not possible.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Clearly visible and abundant information is hardly every thread, checking a sticky or two and perhaps searching and checking 2 or 3 of those threads is just good netiquette.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.