Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm trying to run pokemon platinum on no$gba 2.6a and i encountered some problems

The emulation speed drops down to about 15%-35% once i actually enter the "world" where the gameplay happens, it runs at 100% + when I am talking to Professor Rowan at the beginning. My thoughts are that perhaps the 3D world is slowing it down.

I have tried messing around with the "Emulation speed/LCD refresh" setting with no luck

I tried changing the 3D render from opengl to nocash to none, with little or no change

I have sound off, and everything in "emulation settings" set to what No$gba tells me is "fast"

Im stuck, i have no idea whatsoever as to what i should do.

Any and all help is appreciated

Thanks

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
It's best to not turn off the sound, since the game requires the sound to be on. As for the 3D Renderer setting, I would suggest you leave/change it as nocash. You should try the suggestions in the FAQ thread. And seeing as you are using 2.6a, try using NGZoom or No$Zoomer.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
There's nothing really that will fix the slowdown...your system simply sounds as if it's too weak. Pokemon is one of the games that requires a lot of CPU Power.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If your pc is better then mine you should be able to to run platinum full speed seeing as i can run it full speed with default setting on my crappy pc. Specs located in signature.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your pc is better then mine you should be able to to run platinum full speed seeing as i can run it full speed with default setting on my crappy pc. Specs located in signature.

Is mine just as bad?

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
Memory: 958MB RAM
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Sound Card: Vinyl AC'97 Audio (WAVE)
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Do the two CPUs each have 3GHz or combined?
Even if a single core has 3GHz, it's still borderline. It might just have 100%, but definitely close enough to be playable and enjoyable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.