Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've downloaded the NO$GBA emulator, and I really wanna play the latest Pokemon games.

1. I've tried Platinum and Diamond. They both won't save properly and are really slow.

2. Is there anything I can download/install to help this problem?

Cheers :eyemove:

· Registered
4,727 Posts
1. Check out the stickied Faq, and if they are really slow, play them on your DS.
2. NO.

· Registered
4,727 Posts
Then... get another one.

· Registered
4,727 Posts
Ok. What are your specs of your computer?
I need to know that.
And for the problem of Save, set up the save of NDS to Flash 512kb (if you're using NO$GBA 2.6) or Set up the save to Auto (if you have NO$GBA 2.6a).
Pd: Try to disabling sound, but enable it when you finish a battle or when you are going to the title screen in Platinum.

· Registered
4,727 Posts
It's a dual core, or it's a single core?
Well, I have an AMD Athlon XP 2200+ and 1,25 GB Ram, and the game works at 100% of speed.

· Registered
4,727 Posts
NO$GBA runs Platinum good. Desmume runs slow, and iDeaS runs slow and with some errors.
No, every DS emu uses only ONE core. ONE core, you understand?

· Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts
Because it was never programmed to handle multi-core; neither was any other DS emulator up-to-date.
Your processor, as it does not use Core Duo technology, is equivalent to any single-core 2GHz processor and the emulator and the games played with it will behave accordingly. This said, No$GBA 2.6a can produce a playable, though not 100% framerate for the Pokemon games at 2GHz.

Also, Lex, telling people to use their DS is a no-answer. It is obvious that the original hardware handles any given game the most accurately, but it doesn't help with the question given. That said, would you please refrain from giving this answer in the future.

· Registered
4,727 Posts
Because it was never programmed to handle multi-core; neither was any other DS emulator up-to-date.
Your processor, as it does not use Core Duo technology, is equivalent to any single-core 2GHz processor and the emulator and the games played with it will behave accordingly. This said, No$GBA 2.6a can produce a playable, though not 100% framerate for the Pokemon games at 2GHz.

Also, Lex, telling people to use their DS is a no-answer. It is obvious that the original hardware handles any given game the most accurately, but it doesn't help with the question given. That said, would you please refrain from giving this answer in the future.
Yes, sorry about that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.