Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm having a rather annoying problem, and it seems like only me is having it...

I'm playing Pokemon FireRed on No$GBA v2.5c, and I really didn't have any problem up until yesterday. Basically I filled up my PC box, so I had to come back to the center and boot the PC to change it, but when I click on any of the options ("Withdraw / Deposit / Move"), No$GBA stops responding and crashes. Luckily my save doesn't seem to be corrupt, as I can reload it and I can save over it, but whenever I go back to that cursed PC it does it again. I even tried to download a fresh copy of the emulator and the ROM, to no avail.

I'm currently using 128K FlashMacro cartridges. I tried switching back and forth between the other types of cartridges to see if it was the problem, but it did it again. I have no idea what went wrong, it just happened yesterday out of nowhere.

Any idea as to what's happening?

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Try the game with VBA. IIRC, VBA can handle No$ saves without any conversion. Later in the game you'll come across foggy evironments that are handled incorrectly by No$, so regardless of this error you'll want to switch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried using VBA as you said, but it displayed the following message:

"The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed."

And it automatically started a new game without allowing me to load my save (I previously had placed it in the same directory as the ROM). I checked that VBA was using Flash 128K and it was.

By the way, I did have this foggy problem with No$GBA, particularly in the tower in Lavender Town. But oh well, it's not that big of a deal, I just figured my way out... as long as Victory Road isn't like that!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It should be saves from vba to no$gba that does not require any conversion.
So I'm going to have to convert my save? Alright, I'll look for a thread that tells me how, thanks for pointing it out.

Download and copy/move the attachment file in this thread here to your vba folder.
I did, but nothing has changed; I still get the sub-circuit board message.

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
In your no$gba.ini file, look for the line SAV/SNA File Format, and change the Compressed/Uncompressed to Raw. Then save your game in no$gba, and move/copy the file over to vba.

If that doesn't work, then using the same save file that you created in the above step, convert the save using the same no$gbatovba converter and try again.

Also, which version of vba are you using?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, so I could save a Raw battery file and load it on VBA. It worked good, so I decided to take a go and look if I could use the PC in the Pokemon Center again, but it's now full of Bad Eggs... meaning the save file got corrupted somehow, that could've posed the problem in the first place. :/

And it just keeps on freezing the game (not the emulator though) now. I have no idea how it got corrupted, considering I didn't use a single cheat on that ROM whatsoever. Oh well, I have to start all over again now.

Thank you for all your support, it was really appreciated! :)

Oh, and I'm using VBA 1.8.0 (the latest version, I downloaded it today). I think I'll stick with it, don't really feel like going through this over again!

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
Okay, so I could save a Raw battery file and load it on VBA. It worked good, so I decided to take a go and look if I could use the PC in the Pokemon Center again, but it's now full of Bad Eggs... meaning the save file got corrupted somehow, that could've posed the problem in the first place. :/

And it just keeps on freezing the game (not the emulator though) now. I have no idea how it got corrupted, considering I didn't use a single cheat on that ROM whatsoever. Oh well, I have to start all over again now.

Thank you for all your support, it was really appreciated! :)

Oh, and I'm using VBA 1.8.0 (the latest version, I downloaded it today). I think I'll stick with it, don't really feel like going through this over again!
:X alright then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.