Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to get Gameshark codes to work on VBA 1.7.4 for Mac.
I usually get an "invalid code format" message or the codes have no effect.
Is there anyone running something similar and that might have suggestions for me?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you adding the codes under the Gameshark setting? Also, the site you're getting codes from could be filled to bogus codes so check around.
I've definitely entered them under the Gameshark setting. I've even tried some CodeBreaker codes under that setting, but nothing has worked. Can your recommend any site to get legit codes proven to work? supercheats.com didn't work for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've definitely entered them under the Gameshark setting. I've even tried some CodeBreaker codes under that setting, but nothing has worked. Can your recommend any site to get legit codes proven to work? supercheats.com didn't work for me.
Well I can tell you the infinite cash cheat works on this list, though I didn't try any others. But I'd say that most of them will work.

Be sure you turn on the Master Code too (which for me said was for a different game, but it still worked), Gameshark cheats won't work without it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I can tell you the infinite cash cheat works on this list, though I didn't try any others. But I'd say that most of them will work.

Be sure you turn on the Master Code too (which for me said was for a different game, but it still worked), Gameshark cheats won't work without it.
How did you put in the Master code?
I tried putting it in, starting the ROM, saving and closing the ROM, putting in the modifier codes, then restarting the ROM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got that same exact problem! Its driving me crazy! Every code I've tried and every f***ing combination I've worked fails miserably. I am seriously this close to trashing VBA and trying a different emulator....:(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this thread hasn't been posted on in awhile but if anyone is looking into this i'm having the same problem. The error says invalid code format XXXXXXXXYYYYYYYY. it has 16 digits and all the codes i find have 12 so I'm not sure if there are different codes out there, I've yet to find any 16 digit ones

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
12 digit codes should be entered as Codebreaker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.