Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i used a code from the action replay to get me a blastoise and a shiny arcanine. i got it and it turned the other 4 pokemon in my party into question marks. every time i click "pokemon" on the menu, the screen goes blank and nothing happens. :(

please help me

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum seems to be one set of games entirely not happy with Action Replay cheats so I don't suggest using them on it, especially not in an emu.

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Action Replay is a type of code, or rather it's a company that makes cheating devices and therefore also has their own codes, any shiny or pokemon modifying codes will either be Action Replay or Codebreaker so thanks for another entirely useless and unneeded bump.

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Your edit to your post is also entirely pointless because modify basically means change....so you are telling him to use Pokemon Modifier codes but don't use Pokemon Modifier codes...they are the exact same thing....

· Registered
117 Posts
nope hmm... sorry for my grammar ok I'll do it like this, you should just use the pokemon modifier and shiny codes for pokemon you encounter don't use codes that change your pokemon that are in your party or in your PC... fine?

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Yes that makes a lot more sense.
Regardless though Pokemon games are not found of codes being used on them, especially in an emu, Platinum for instance crashes with just about any code you try and enter in no$gba.
Using Pokesav is a lot safer.

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Pokesav you can use as often as you want.

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Action Replay is not something you make....don't read the word replay and think rewind or how a quick replay would be on TV, Action Replay is a brand, a name, a company which produces cheats and devices to use those cheats.

It has absolutely nothing to do with Pokesav other than that their cheats and Pokesav's savefile editing have the same effect at the end of the day.
It's simply safer to edit the dormant save file rather than try and alter the in-use game code realtime with AR cheats.

· Registered
117 Posts
hmm... but some people use pokesav to make action replay for pokemon you know the cheats that replace your pokemon in your party and boxes most of them are AR codes from pokesav. or are they lying?

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
No. There's two methods of cheating in a game.

Alter the code realtime (while the game and it's code is in use), which is what Codebreaker and Action Replay cheats do.

Or alter only the save file of the game, now this is much harder to do as you need to know how the game stores it's information and therefore is pretty much impossible to do with most games. However someone figured out how Pokemon saves it's information and then figured out how to alter it and that's what Pokesav is.

I can get myself say a Charizard using either AR codes or Pokesav. Both achieve the same thing however AR codes are more risky, because they alter the game's code in realtime. Perhaps let's use an example to explain this to you, let's say playing Pokemon is like driving a car along the highway, and let's say that getting a new Pokemon is like changing the colour of the front left wheel on your car, let's say you want a purple wheel. Now what AR codes do is they alter things real time, it's like you getting onto the hood of your car travelling at 100 km/h and trying to paint the wheel purple. Obviously this is dangerous and it's highly likely the car will either crash or you will hurt yourself, in the same way editing the game's code realtime whilst you are playing is dangerous and can easily cause the game to crash. Now Pokesav's way of cheating is much safer. You get the same front left purple tire on your car, but what you do in this case is you only start once the car is locked away in your garage an not in use. You take the left front wheel off and replace with a wheel that's already purple. Pokesav alters the dormant save of the game rather than the in-use game itself. Which as you can see is much safer and less likely to cause a crash...afterall the car/the game's code is not moving.

If you don't get it after this then just give up and shut up, I can't make it any simpler than this.

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
releasable? what? I never said anything like that and I don't even get what you mean.

Pokesav is a much safer way of cheating in Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum ONLY all other games don't actually have a save editor for them and there your only options are AR or codebreaker codes if you want to cheat.

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Yes, however it has nothing to do with your microphone wave in failure and won't stop it from happening. That's a random error (some people get it others don't) which has not actual fix.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.