Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hai!

I've been playing Pokémon Fire Red on the Visual Boy Advance emulator. I beat the Elite Four and watched the ending credits. Unfortunatly I can't continue!

According to my brother, there has to be an option 'Continue' or 'Load game' but I only get the option 'New game'. What's with that? I've tried the vba-over.ini file, but it didn't work.

Please help me!

EDIT: I found out the reason I can't continue is because of the lack of in-game save. Which I can't. I've tried the .ini file and the 128kb save thing, but both didn't work. I did found another VBA in which I can save, but I can't load my old save game. (Error:Unsupported VBA Save game version 9) I there ANY way this can be fixed without having to start all over again?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
If you still have a save state from before the Elite Four where you can still save the game then there's no reason why you should not be able to create an ingame save...if however all your savestates are from during the battle with the elite four and perhaps the ending credits though, then there's nothing you can do.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I've never made an in-game save because I couldn't. I always saved as in: Shift + F1 etc. I do have a save like the Shift one from before the battle with the Elite Four. Since I can't load it in the new VBA, I don't think it is useful. Or is there a way I can load it in the new VBA?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Which version were you using? which version do you have now?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Both versions should allow you to make an ingame save, at least both versions did with me. So try using VBA 1.8 beta3 again and leaving savetype etc. on autodetect san saving the game.

You could perhaps also try if your savestates work in VBA-M (which basically is the continuation of VBA by new developers)
http://visualboyadvance-m.googlecode.com/files/VisualBoyAdvance874.7Z

I am afraid I don't know any more than that as it's been ages since I played and beat the elite four on VBA and I don't remember any specific settings I might have had (although I am sure that there were none).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mmm, I think it's weird that your 1.8.0 does save in-game, and mine doesn't. I've downloaded the Beta 1.8.0 from another website to check if the website is the problem, but it isn't.

Do you think my save game will work on you VBA 1.8.0? If so, is there a way you can send me your folder containing the VBA to me? I should be able to in-game save then.

BTW, VBA-M doesn't do in-game saving with my savestate :S

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I am afraid I don't have it anymore, I only use VBA-M these days.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hai!

I've been playing Pokémon Fire Red on the Visual Boy Advance emulator. I beat the Elite Four and watched the ending credits. Unfortunatly I can't continue!

According to my brother, there has to be an option 'Continue' or 'Load game' but I only get the option 'New game'. What's with that? I've tried the vba-over.ini file, but it didn't work.

Please help me!

EDIT: I found out the reason I can't continue is because of the lack of in-game save. Which I can't. I've tried the .ini file and the 128kb save thing, but both didn't work. I did found another VBA in which I can save, but I can't load my old save game. (Error:Unsupported VBA Save game version 9) I there ANY way this can be fixed without having to start all over again?
So this is
Hai!

Please help me!

Hai!

Please help me!

EDIT: I found out the reason I can't continue is because of the lack of in-game save. Which I can't. I've tried the .ini file and the 128kb save thing, but both didn't work. I did found another VBA in which I can save, but I can't load my old save game. (Error:Unsupported VBA Save game version 9) I there ANY way this can be fixed without having to
Hai!

Please help me!

So this is 2009, but i will continue the discussion, because i cant understand you guys but i have the same problem, ive beaten elite four now for like 6 times and nothing changes, well the change is it takes me back to my town, leveled up pokemons from the xp of the elite four, but able to finish the quest about the 1 2 and 3 island(not all quests)... Pls just say to me what you did...

·
Premium Member
5,082 Posts
Your post is incomprehensible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.