Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am currently playing Final Fantasy 8 on Epsxe and from some faqs I have read it seems that you need a pocket station to get certain items/gf's/etc. in the game. Additionally some faqs I have read indicate you can not get one of these in the states.

I am wondering, does Epsxe emulate the pocket station? Or is there any thing that will emulate it?

(can't believe Sqaure made that a requirement to get certain things in the game.... there should have been a code or something for those w/o it)

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
no epsxe cannot emulate the pocketstation. there was a pocketstation emulator in development but it was cancelled once the beta was leaked. as far as i know, you cannot use them together. what you would need is a dexdrive, a pocketstation (imported) and a playstation to utilize these features.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, if you really want to cheat to get all the GF's and such, you can use PEC (Playstation Emulation Cheater), which uses GameShark Codes... it's somewhat of a solution, since you can't get a pocketstation in North America, unless you import one.

·
I code therefore I am.
412 Posts
Does anyone have the Specs for the pocket Station even?!
That would be a kind of neat little project to work on :)

As for making it work with ePSXe.. well that would be a bit challenging. Though I suppose if the created a memory card plugin instead of what we do have for it, it could be usable. I'm not sure how the PSX handles the Memory cards. it's an SPI port but probably uses the serial IRQ and such...

How do you download the the dungeon game to the Pocket Station anyhow? :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
How do you download the the dungeon game to the Pocket Station anyhow?
after obtaining the chocobo in the actual game you can download chocobo world into the pocket station. you have to insert the pocket station into the memory card slot then enter the menu screen and choose save then follow the intructions the game gives you to dowload the game to the pocket station

hope i made it clear, to long to type what the game manual says

1 - 5 of 5 Posts