Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
You just broke two [rules]rules[/rules] with this thread, one being no bumping allowed and the other being multiple posts in a row. If you need to add info to an existing post, use the edit button instead :).
As for your problem, have you downloaded any video plugins?

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
4 posts in 8 minutes? Shouldn't you be trying to solve the problem while you wait? oO

And remember to put the plugins into the plugin directory.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
I'm having the same problem here. To answer the last 2 posts, I have the Pete OpenGL plugin and it is saved in the plug-ins directory, yet the drop down list is empty. Also, I did unzip the files (there were three in all from what I remember). Should I try re-downloading it, or should I get a different plug-in altogether?

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Yeah, all the other plug-ins work just fine but for some reason the video drop down list is empty and it doesn't let you browse to specify a location either.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Try deleting epsxe's directory and epsxe's registry keys (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vision Thing), and then reinstalling again. BTW, do you have a bios? If not, it's not gonna work.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Yeah, I do have a BIOS (legally this time, I wasn't aware that it was illegal to get them online). You bringing that up raises another question of concern. When I go to the wizard guide, it says there are no BIOS under the ePSXe bios directory, but when I go to config then BIOS, it's there. Does this mean I put it in the wrong location? I have it in the BIOS folder. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the exact directory, so I'm going to try re-installing the whole thing, but I really don't know if that will change anything.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Ugh purple. I had to highlight that text just so I could read it .....

Anyways, this sounds to me like a working directory problem. How do you load epsxe? Are you runing epsxe from a shortcut or the start menu? If so check that the target folder is set correctly, otherwise epsxe can't find it's plugin/bios folders.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Betamax said:
Ugh purple. I had to highlight that text just so I could read it .....
Well it's technically blue-violet not purple, (try going to a message board with a white skin and the moderators always type in cyan and you'll see hard to read) but anyway I won't continue on about little stuff like that and if you can't see it I'll just type in default. I have corrected this problem (the video plug-ins were in the plugin folder, but under another folder instead of this one directly) but a new problem arises. Everything is very slow for me (10-13fps slow) and I've tried it on mine and my parents computer with the same results.

-my computer-
Celeron 633MHz
384MB RAM
64MB nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440

-parents computer-
P4 1.5GHz
256MB RAM
ATI rage 128 pro (16MB according to their computer)

does the problem lie within the computers themselves? I thought it was something I've configued because I have them comfigured the same on both computers with the same results. Lowering the window size had absolutely no effect and both CD-Rom drives are capable of playing them. I did not however download any CD-Rom plugins since it came with two. Should I have?

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Standard ePSXe cdrom plugin should work fine for start, but about slowness of your game, post your plugin settings and we'll see what must be altered. Goto plugin configs, click 'Copy settings to clipboard' button and paste it here.

Ati Rage 128 Pro isnt powerfull enough for PSX emulation btw. Your parents computer is more than enough.

*edit* Oh, and update graphics card drivers aswell.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
If his graphics card isn't fast enough for the OGL(2) or D3d plugins he can always try to use Pete's Software plugin.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
GFMX4 is fast enough for D3D plugins atleast.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Well as others have said, it would help to know what plugins/specs you have set.

Anyways, in regards the rage, I'd go with either the peops plugin or possibly pete's direct6 (I'm reasonably sure that's only a dx6 card). However you may find that the "3d accelerator" is actually slower than just letting the celeron do the graphics. If so stick with peops.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
This was what came off of my computer.

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.6
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X/AGP/SSE

Resolution/Color:
- 400x300 Window mode
- Internal X resolution: 0
- Internal Y resolution: 0
- Keep psx aspect ratio: on
- No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- TexWin pixel shader: off
- VRam size: 64 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 0
- Framebuffer effects: 0
- Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: off
- Screen filtering: off
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: on
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

As for the drivers, someone reccomended that the latest and best for my particular card was a detonator or something, and when I downloaded from that link, it only gave me the ti drivers so my driver is the same as my card right now except it's the SE version. Also for reference (just in case it helps any) both computers have DirectX version 9.0c installed.

EDIT: I have the Pete's OpenGL plug-in since that's what was reccomended for my card.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Erk!

Opengl2 + geforce 4 MX == really really really BAD idea :p.

Mx cards can't hack OGl2. Nvidia wise, that plugin needs a full (non MX) geforce 4. Switch to using regular opengl and you'll see performance boost.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts