Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me configure ePSXe. i've used a couple of plugins but when i go to run CD it says Error: Can't run input, then another error comes up saying something about an old version of InputDevice then my computer freezes. It has done this thousands of times and i'm getting really pissed at this.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Hmm... where to start? Can you give us your system specs (CPU, moBo, RAM, video card, DirectX version, etc etc)... as well as the plugins you've tried (CDROM, GPU, Sound)...

BTW, which DirectX are you using? Try upgrading... you never know....

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Yeah,smells like a DX problem with things like"old version of input device'

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok

ok i got a Hewlett Packard, 32mb RAM, and a SiS 530 card whateva that is 350mhz,And DirectX 7.0a.

i'm usin bio scph1001.bin.

And the plugins i've used are...

Video plugins: Kazzuya Software (ALPHA) 1.6, Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.50, Pete's Soft Driver 1.50, Lewpy's 2dfx/Glide3 GPU 1.33, Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.50.

Sound plugins: ePSXe SPU core 1.4.0., Iori's DirectSound 1.4

CDRom Plugins: ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.4.0., TSG MSCDEX Driver 1.2.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm

ok i just installed direct x 7.0a and the input device error has gone away, it all goes well expet for the game won't load. it says PAL cdrom detected then it just sits there.

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Ok, use Pete's D3D DX6 plugin, for you i think should be better, use ePSXe internal cdrom plugin and sound, in options/country set to autodetect and make sure you're running the latest version of the emu and plugin. Emu-1.4, Pete's 1.51
If still doesn't work, update Directx to 8.0a, it can be downloaded from www.microsoft.com/directx
BTW, tell us wich game are you trying to run, maybe it doesn't run at all! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok

yea it works fine now, i was actually trying to run DB:Final Bout, but it doesn't work, that was the main game i really wanted to play but oh well. got some other games to work though, so at least i know it works, and thanks for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts