Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok people i need some advice, from what I've heard Kyro cards don't really work great for ePSXe, and i was just wondering since i can't do anything about it can you guys tell when plugin's work the best or effectively....

· Registered
5,568 Posts
I think peops is best software plugin coz its sort of developed form of pete's soft plugin with few more features added.There is also kazzuya's soft plugin takes the second spot in my software plugins list.
Did you tried segu's or nickk's d3d plugins with kyro?

· Banned
7,983 Posts
Segu's works. I can say that much for it. But it has speed problems. It runs too fast/too slow, even with frame rate limitation. I would say that a software plugin would be your best bet if you are willing to sacrifice image quality (in some games), and have a fast processor.

· Banned
7,983 Posts
*** UPDATE ***

I feel like shooting myself. I was always so determined to get the D3D plugin to work that I guess I kind of overlooked the OpenGL one. The D3D one just ran so much better... But anyway, I have found that you can get a huge speedup (about 20fps on my computer) by disabling Internal Depth/Stencil Buffer in your Kyro OpenGL properties. It makes a lot of my games playable, even if they are a painfully slow still. The soft plugins are still faster, but not by much. If you want my honest opinion, use peops. The great effects make up for some of the image quality that is lost.

EDIT: You can also remove the annoying black screen that appears upon pressing escape by selecting application specified buffering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.