Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started using Dolphin SVN 3909 and when I try to start a game, I get this error:
Code:
the instruction at "0x7c9113c0" referenced memory at "0x6e49206f". the memory could not be "written"
I did some reading on this and I found that my graphics card doesn't support opengl well and that I should use the dx9 plugin, but when I do, I get this error:
Code:
Sorry, bur it looks like your 3D accelerator is too old, or doesn't support features that Dolphin requires. Falling back to software vertex processing. Warning - your graphics card does not support multiple render targets.
Can someone please let me know how to fix this problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What would work best with dolphin?

·
Wii have a PCii
115 Posts
Did you try other revisions of Dolphin? You really want to buy a new videocard for Dolphin? I mean most of the games don't work. Only some do work and can save. You want to spend over 100 - 200 dollar on a videocard just to run Dolphin. Maybe you should buy a Wii?
I would buy a videocard that suits my wishes. Like 50+ FPS at Crysis. Being able to provide full HD and audio to my tv. Or just full HD to my computer screen.
I hope you understand what I mean? I'm trying to say there's more than Dolphin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I understand what you mean. I read that using a videodx9 plugin from a older version like r1623 might work, but I haven't had any luck finding it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone know where I could find it?

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Your graphics chipset is too old to even use the DirectX plugin, I should know as one of my old computers had that chipset. It can't even play games such as unreal tournament, quake, or the old Rainbow Six gameswithout major lag, the thing can just barely render the desktop.

It also lacks any kind of shaders, Dolphin requires a graphics solution that supports a minimum of shader model 2.0 just to use the DX9 plugin. You can forget about OpenGL all together since Intel chipsets aren't supported by the OpenGL plugin.

Also your CPU is so crap that even if you could boot any games, they would run no faster than an utter slide show, I couldn't imagine you being able to squeeze anymore than 1 FPS at most in Dolphin out of that ancient low end processor, even with a decent graphics solution.

You can't honestly say you thought you would be able to play Gamecube/Wii games on that system when it can't even play any PC games made in the last 5 - 7 years and even has trouble with most/all older PC games. If it can't even play those game what would make you think your system would even be able to emulate the Gamecube/Wii when they are last-gen/current-gen hardware?

Emulation is far more intensive on resources than playing PC games natively, so if your system isn't able to handle PC games made in the last millennium then it also isn't going to be able to handle emulating last-gen/current-gen hardware.

So you either have to build or buy a new system, however buying a Wii if you don't already have one would be much cheaper than the hardware you would need to run games somewhat decently in Dolphin.

A new Wii is $150 - $200 used while the hardware you would need could run up as much as $700 - $1000 or more.

If you still insist on playing Dolphin, try to stay away from anything that is pre-built unless you review what hardware the pre-built includes before you blow your money on something that may not perform well.

Go Nvidia or ATI and stay away from Intel's crap graphics solution, for a processor a Core2duo is recommended for best performance, to save som money you can buy one of the cheaper models and overclock it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.