Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, need your help please. I have obtained the following SPU plugins which are PEOpS 1.9a r21 and 1.10b r7, I would like to know which one of these is recommended as I know Eternal SPU is now surpassed by these in speed and compatibility. Also could someone tell me what code the internal ePSXe SPU is based on, either it's own or perhaps based on Shalma's latest ie 1.9a r21. So I have a choice of three SPU plugins, the internal, Shalma's 1.9a r21 and the newer 1.10b r7, which one should I use?

Another question, I have always used SaPu 1.3 CD plugin as it provided the best functionality and CDDA compatibility, is this still recommended?

Many thanks ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind sorry, I can see that PEOpS 1.10a r7 is the latest from Shalma, but that still leaves me wondering if I should use that or the internal ePSXe SPU, and what about SaPu 1.3 CD plugin? I would appreciate someones input :)

·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,398 Posts
Never mind sorry, I can see that PEOpS 1.10a r7 is the latest from Shalma, but that still leaves me wondering if I should use that or the internal ePSXe SPU, and what about SaPu 1.3 CD plugin? I would appreciate someones input :)
For most people, the internal SPU plugin will suffice, but if you're like me and are able to notice little quirks and emulation imperfections, then you'll likely go for the DSound 1.10a r7, which is configurable. The internal SPU plugin however, is not configurable. But I was working with the eSPXe team on getting some nasty bugs removed, so if there's an upcoming version of that plugin, it will sound a lot more refined.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers mate, I have it configured to run really well with Final Fantasy VIII. The last time I used ePSXe I was using Eternal 1.50b2 and there is just no comparison with Shalma's DSound 1.10b r7, it sounds absolutely incredible! Just like the real Playstation :) I'm having issues with Pete's OGL2 2.9 though, no matter what configuration I try (and I've tried them all after toiling with it for hours) I get flashing ATB bars and massive lag when using Squall's limit break 'Renzokuken'. I switched to Pete's OGL 1.77 and the problems are gone with no noticeable degradation except for noticeably blockier FMVs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Can anyone tell me what the optimal Compatibility settings are when using Pete's OGL 1.77 plugin with Final Fantasy VIII please? I have it working fine with 3-3-4 + Mask-bit but I don't know if these are completely necessary?

·
Master of Eselhimmel
412 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the optimal Compatibility settings are when using Pete's OGL 1.77 plugin with Final Fantasy VIII please? I have it working fine with 3-3-4 + Mask-bit but I don't know if these are completely necessary?
i'am using since Years :

Resolution/Color:
- 1920x1080 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
- V-Sync: on
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- B8G8R8A8
- iFiltering: 2
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 512 MBytes

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer texture: 0
- Framebuffer access: 4
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: on

this settings are best with OGL1 Plugins of Pete or Peops
some verry old screenshots of this settings:
http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showpost.php?p=843909&postcount=25
http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showpost.php?p=843914&postcount=28

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.