Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Raw Rulz
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE DONT LAUGH AT MY PC SPECIFICATIONS!!!

Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHZ
Ram: 1.5 GB
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 6600 256 MB

I know it needs dual processor to run PCSX2 but please help me, please tell me how to play the games at avarage FPS. I already play few games at FPS for about 55-60 ... I would appreciate help..

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
PLEASE DONT LAUGH AT MY PC SPECIFICATIONS!!!

Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHZ
Ram: 1.5 GB
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 6600 256 MB

I know it needs dual processor to run PCSX2 but please help me, please tell me how to play the games at avarage FPS. I already play few games at FPS for about 55-60 ... I would appreciate help..
I laughed.

regardless of settings the pc is too weak.

my single core Sempron LE at 2.1Ghz is faster, and even it can't run PCSX2 very fast.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
What is that Sempron LE based off of, because I know the original (the first) Semprons would be quite a bit weaker (a Pentium 4 at that speed would be as fast or faster than most Athlon XPs, so the slower Semprons would be more so), and I suppose one based off of the Athlon 64 would be close and "roughly comparable", but it'd greatly depend on the clock speed of either and especially the application/use. A Sempron based on the Athlon 64 would have a better architecture, but at 2.1GHz vs 3GHz, would be about two thirds the speed, and have a lack of L2 cache (the Sempron is more comparable to a Celeron as they're both a L2 crippled version of another CPU), so I think it'd even out overall.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
You clearly didn't read what I said, if you claimed I was wrong, but then try and correct me with the same conclusion I came to. I said they were probably "roughly comparable". Search my post and that phrase you will find.

Did I specifically compare clock rates like that? No. What I did was I said that the clock rate difference and lack of cache may offset that architecture advantage, which would make them "roughly comparable", but it'd depend on the application/use. Sometimes I wonder if people are opposite of those who followed for the MHz myth back in the day, and think that architecture is all that matters. IPC and frequency are the key. They both matter just as much.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
What is that Sempron LE based off of, because I know the original (the first) Semprons would be quite a bit weaker (a Pentium 4 at that speed would be as fast or faster than most Athlon XPs, so the slower Semprons would be more so), and I suppose one based off of the Athlon 64 would be close and "roughly comparable", but it'd greatly depend on the clock speed of either and especially the application/use. A Sempron based on the Athlon 64 would have a better architecture, but at 2.1GHz vs 3GHz, would be about two thirds the speed, and have a lack of L2 cache (the Sempron is more comparable to a Celeron as they're both a L2 crippled version of another CPU), so I think it'd even out overall.

• L1-Cache: 64 + 64 KiB (Data + Instructions)
  • L2-Cache: 256/512 KiB, fullspeed
  • MMX, Extended 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, AMD64, Cool'n'Quiet, NX bit
  • Integrated 128-bit (Dual channel) DDR2 memory controller
  • Socket AM2, 800 MHz HyperTransport
  • VCore: 1.20/1.40 V
  • First release: August 20, 2007
  • Clockrate: 1900–2300 MHz
    • 256 KiB L2-Cache (Sempron LE-1100, LE-1150)
    • 512 KiB L2-Cache (Sempron LE-1200, LE-1250, LE-1300)
  • Stepping: G1 (Part No.: *DE), G2 (Part No.: *DP)
Dominates over P4 class cores in all tests.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Okay. All of those specification really tell me nothing towards what I asked (you basically gave me everything but the core name), but I've figured out the LE version Semprons are what I thought, based off of the Athlon 64, and that's what I wanted to know. It seemed odd to me that you were making the Sempron out as something that was way faster, when I last knew Semprons to be comparable to Northwood Celerons (though I haven't payed as much attention to AMD since my Athlon X2 3200+ as I probably should have, so maybe I initially underestimated it a bit).

As for your last statement, I think that's blowing things out of proportion. I initially guessed that at around 2.xGHz clockspeeds, that'd probably put it around par with the faster 3.xGHz Pentium 4s. I've done some searching, and it appears I'm not all that far off. Yes, the Sempron LE is the better CPU. Obviously, being a new, more efficient, and better architecture based, etc., CPU will make it better overall, but it's, well, like the Celeron 440 (in fact, it seems to be around par with that, though a little bit better than it even). Faster and better, yes, but in some situations (like this one), it's still basically in the same class. Don't forget that the low end Core 2 based CPUs (Pentium Dual-core/Celeron L series) weren't much faster, if at all, than the Pentium 4 (not counting multi-threaded stuff) when the former was at stock and the Pentium 4 it was being compared to was one of the faster 3.xGHz ones.

Now, I don't know how either would perform in PCSX2, so you may be right for this. The benchmarks/comparisons/forum postings I came across (though they were few and a bit lacking since there wasn't much on comparing the two) showed general use/multimedia/gaming/synthetic stuff, so that's what I was basing my guess off of.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Okay. All of those specification really tell me nothing towards what I asked (you basically gave me everything but the core name), but I've figured out the LE version Semprons are what I thought, based off of the Athlon 64, and that's what I wanted to know. It seemed odd to me that you were making the Sempron out as something that was way faster, when I last knew Semprons to be comparable to Northwood Celerons (though I haven't payed as much attention to AMD since my Athlon X2 3200+ as I probably should have, so maybe I initially underestimated it a bit).

As for your last statement, I think that's blowing things out of proportion. I initially guessed that at around 2.xGHz clockspeeds, that'd probably put it around par with the faster 3.xGHz Pentium 4s. I've done some searching, and it appears I'm not all that far off. Yes, the Sempron LE is the better CPU. Obviously, being a new, more efficient, and better architecture based, etc., CPU will make it better overall, but it's, well, like the Celeron 440 (in fact, it seems to be around par with that, though a little bit better than it even). Faster and better, yes, but in some situations (like this one), it's still basically in the same class. Don't forget that the low end Core 2 based CPUs (Pentium Dual-core/Celeron L series) weren't much faster, if at all, than the Pentium 4 (not counting multi-threaded stuff) when the former was at stock and the Pentium 4 it was being compared to was one of the faster 3.xGHz ones.

Now, I don't know how either would perform in PCSX2, so you may be right for this. The benchmarks/comparisons/forum postings I came across (though they were few and a bit lacking since there wasn't much on comparing the two) showed general use/multimedia/gaming/synthetic stuff, so that's what I was basing my guess off of.
its the string ops that pcsx2 make heavy use of where a P4 will be pwned by a K9 class processor.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Hi there!

can this PC runs PCSX2 fast?

Intel Dual Core 2.0ghz
1GB DDR2
nVidia GeForce 8600gt 512MB

and what settings to run digimon data squad full speed?
Overclock it and/or use speed hacks, and there will be no big concerns.

The only possible concern right now is the CPUs lower frequency, but it's not that big of one. You just may have to experiment to get full speed in some games.

The RAM is fine (might be pushing it if using Windows Vista though).

The GPU, while not all too powerful, will be okay for moderate settings.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Wikipedia - Any idiot can add information.
Chiplist.com goes straight to the source for theirs.

15.2.10 AMD Sempron processor (Sparta, revision G, Energy Efficient)

Identification

Model name: Sempron.
Code name: Sparta, revision G, Energy Efficient.
Family name: Cities.
Supplier: AMD.
Component class: CPU.
Generation

Generation: K8.
Compatibility

64 bit technology: AMD64.
Multimedia instruction sets: MMX, Enhanced 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2, SSE3.
Cache

L1 cache: 64 kbyte instruction cache, 64 kbyte data cache (Harvard architecture).
L2 cache: 512 kbyte or 256 kbyte (other 256 kbyte disfunctional/disabled).
Architecture

128 bit (dual-channel), 166/333/667 MHz, DDR2-667 memory controller: max. 8 x 512 Mbyte = 4 Gbyte (4 x 1 Gbyte double-sided PC2-5300 memory module).
800 MHz HyperTransport bus.
Memory protection: NX bit (Enhanced Virus Protection, EVP).
No virtualization technology.
Multiplier

Power management

Power management: Cool'n'Quiet (CnQ).
Clock speed

Clock speed Model Cache Multiplier Voltage Temperature Introduction Order part numbers 200 MHz / 1.9 GHz AMD Sempron LE-1100 CPU 256 kbyte L2 9.5 1.25-1.35 V max. 55-65 °C October 2007 OEM (stepping G1): SDH1100IAA3DE,
PIB (stepping G1): SDH1100DEBOX,
PIB (stepping G1): SDH1100DPBOX 200 MHz / 2.0 GHz AMD Sempron LE-1150 CPU 256 kbyte L2 10 1.25-1.35 V max. 61-75 °C August 2007 OEM (stepping G1): SDH1150IAA3DE,
PIB (stepping G1): SDH1150DEBOX,
PIB (stepping G1): SDH1150DPBOX 200 MHz / 2.1 GHz AMD Sempron LE-1200 CPU 512 kbyte L2 10.5 1.20-1.40 V max. 65 °C OEM (stepping G1): SDH1200IAA4DE,
PIB (stepping G1): SDH1200DEBOX 200 MHz / 2.1 GHz AMD Sempron LE-1200 CPU 512 kbyte L2 10.5 1.20-1.40 V October 2007 OEM (stepping G2): SDH1200IAA4DP,
PIB (stepping G2): SDH1200DPBOX 200 MHz / 2.2 GHz AMD Sempron LE-1250 CPU 512 kbyte L2 11 1.20-1.40 V max. 75 °C October 2007 OEM (stepping G2): SDH1250IAA4DP,
PIB (stepping G2): SDH1250DPBOX 200 MHz / 2.3 GHz AMD Sempron LE-1300 CPU 512 kbyte L2 11.5 1.20-1.40 V max. 75 °C January 2008 OEM (stepping G2): SDH1300IAA4DP,
PIB (stepping G2): SDH1300DPBOX
Physics

Power dissipation: 45 W TDP.
Manufacturing process: 65 nm, SoI (Silicon-on-Insulator), 200 mm wafer.
Number of transistors: 122 million.
Die size: 77.2 mm2.
Packaging: Socket AM2.
Manufactured in: AMD Fab 36, Dresden, Germany.
Step level

Text:
Step levels: G1, G2.

Wikipedia also backs me up
Comparison of AMD processors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
and Sparta is K8. so gtfo my internets.

There is no Sempron 140 in the sparta family.

Spica : Sempron LE K10
Sparta : Sempron LE K8

You fail at research.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Overclock it and/or use speed hacks, and there will be no big concerns.

The only possible concern right now is the CPUs lower frequency, but it's not that big of one. You just may have to experiment to get full speed in some games.

The RAM is fine (might be pushing it if using Windows Vista though).

The GPU, while not all too powerful, will be okay for moderate settings.

Uhm. If my memory is 3GB? What will happen? The FPS will run at Full Speed?
Reply ASAP. I'll buy more memory tonight.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
not 3GB, 3Ghz.

and thats CPU Clock speed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.