Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am computer retarded. Which includes Epsxe. I have version 1.7 and am trying to get the controller I just purchased to work on the playstation games. I have surfed the internet and the only questions that are answered are the complicated ones. I don't know anything about setting up controllers or plugins. As a matter of fact I used a youtube video to set up epsxe. Would someone please fully instruct my on setting up a Logitech dual action controller. And if you are kind enough to explain this to me, would you please treat your descriptions as if I were a one eyed village idiot. Thank you.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
argh.. you couldn't have picked a worse controller.

anyway install the LGS 5.02 and try assigning the control in the input config.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
That controller is perfectly fine, and I was picky about getting something as close as possible to the Playstation pad. Besides the less than perfect D-Pad and the minor problem of square shaped analog openings, it's otherwise identical. It's the same thing as the Logitech RumblePad 2 USB, just without the rumble function, which is in no way a big difference maker. I used to have two of them, and one needed replacing (no, it doesn't say anything about them failing, it was my fault as one of my puppies got a hold of one), and I accidentally replaced it with one without rumble, but as I don't use the second controller often, and often have the rumble off on the first, there's no other difference (it also makes it easier for me to tell which is controller one and controller two offhand).

Anyhow, I have both configured in ePSXe and PCSX2, so here's how I did it (and it couldn't be simpler).

1. Plug in the controller. Don't worry too much about installing the software. I think I did in Windows XP, but I did not in Windows 7. Even if you do install it, you need not configure anything within the drivers/software itself.

2. Start ePSXe, and go to "Configure", then "Gamepad".

3. in the dropdown list, make sure "DualAnalog" is selected.

4. Configure the buttons to match that of the gamepad.

5. You're done.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
its worse then the rumblepad 2, and has thrice as many problems setting it up in emulators.

check emutalks pj64 section and you'll get a better idea of the issues people have setting that up in emulators.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
I'll take your word for it, but I have both controllers, and aside from a visual color difference, they're the same sans the rumble on the lesser one. I've had no difficulty setting it up, getting it detected, or having things work as they should on it (granted I haven't had mine for a very long time nor abused it).

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Hey I have the same controller Logitech Dual Action till my PS2 pad arrives.

Man the analogs are crazy, I tried to calibrate it but it doesn't work, the right analog for rotation is -45 X always, so on games like Devil May Cry 4 the camera is always rotating.

It's driving me crazy. I installed the latest logitech software from their webpage for vista 64 bit but now it replaced my calibration option and instead just showed me a simple menu.

Any input.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Calibration is always available in the Control panel > Game controller | Properties

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Not when you install the logitech software.

In my case the logitech software took over that option and doesn't let me calibrate.

Is there any other app to calibrate this pad?

Also I tried Xpadder and it reports that the left and right analogs are pressed to the left.

A couple of bangs on the desk are not helping me. :heh:

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
i have 5.02 installed for my Wingman extreme and the calibrate button is always available.

Screenshots k thnx :p

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
use this
Gadgets

What does the settings button show?
and what is on the about tab?

and completely exit the wingman profiler app.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
heh.... the internet has alot of not nice things to say about this control... specifically the build quality....

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
someone mentioned the stick is centered using rubber bands o_O

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Grr.

I downloaded the software and it says "If you have not already done so, please plug in your G-series device now" And won't let me do anything

I opened epsxe, configured the controls, and made sure it was set to dual analog. I used the software that the controller came with to match the controls of the controller to that of the keyboard controls. It still won't work =S

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
you downloaded the wrong software lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.